Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Lawyer button

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lawyer button

This Lawyer Button is a PITA. Got to snow plow this morning with the ATP for the first time (yes, snow April 16th and we got 5" in PA)

I could live with having to push the button to get 4wd to work in reverse, but when you have the plow on, and your backing up hill, it takes a good amount of throttle to move and all it does is break up. Trying to hold the button, work the winch and brake lever all with one hand can be a PITA. Plus I noticed the shifter is real notchy, maybe that will clean up as it breaks in.

I will have to look into mods for the 2005 version of the Lawyer button.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Lawyer button

You forgot to mention, do all that while looking backwards with either a helmet or big parka on. The mod is great. Especially when I am stuck in the mud and climbing all over the quad like a monkey in a tree house. I don't have to hit the button for full power! That is one main reason I swayed away from the RZR. It is a glorified go-kart. That thing will NEVER go through what I go through! I'd be stepping down if I got one!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Lawyer button

I think it is THE biggest complaint about the actual operations of my Polaris. It is just an enormous annoyance.

Towpro is right about plowing. I use a manual lift Polaris plow and trying to lift the plow in reverse as I'm backing out a snowbank as I'm trying to hold down the switch and run the throttle is almost impossible. Plus my switch is damaged and my ATV dies if it is in reverse and the override switch is not depressed.

I've also had Instigater's experiences on more occasions than I can count. I've been trying to hold the switch and keep myself from falling over, sliding over into a creek, getting pinned underneath the water and drowning (that was frightening actually) or simply work the ATV back and forth in the mud or something and trying to hold that switch and work the throttle or shifter is impossible. I may be hanging off one side or off the thing entirely.

It's a damnedable nuisance we could very well do without or we should at least be provided with an override for the override.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lawyer button

I see Quadovator makes one. I need to get around to looking at the wire digrams, it can't be that involved to bypass this but still have the switch work to change the spedo.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Range Rover
Default Lawyer button

I just use a zip tie to hold the button in, works great and cheap.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lawyer button

i just removed the spring.

we all know that if the button wasn;t there someone would try to race in reverse mess themselves up and sew polaris, its not a lawyer problem its a sue crazy problem.