Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2000, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12" wheels all the way around, and maybe a better speedo

Old 12-24-2000, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

How about a 500 HO Magnum? I'm in the mood to trade up on the Honda. It's kind of underpowered and rides like a lawn tractor.

Old 12-24-2000, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Increase the 700SP into a 1000cc? That would up the ante....Ride'em hard Polcat.

Old 12-24-2000, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

A synchronized High /Low range on the Transmission, better yet make it shift electricly.

Old 12-24-2000, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

A 500 Magnum HO. With all 3 lights able to be on at once. Less weight wouldn't hurt.
Or how about keeping the Xplorer, but I think that is more an EPA decesion than a Polaris decision.

How about a triple-range transmission? Super-low (maybe 15-20 mph top speed) for true rock-climbing, and farm use where precision is required, a medium range (maybe 40 or 45 mph) so you wouldn't have to scream or shift in open trail areas, and a high range (top speed ???) for open areas and road cruisin ONLY. I often wish for a lower low on the farm than what is on my Xplorer, but high is too high for heavy loads/hills.

Old 12-25-2000, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

I just want HI/LOW SHIFT on the FLY! Where we ride we need to use a combination of the two ranges to get through our changing trail conditions. Having to stop for each shift is a hassle. Most of the other “improvements” we enjoy we’ve already made modifications to achieve.

BTW, those who want to have their high beams AND low beams on the high switch position, you can get the instructions for the modification off the web page in my signature. Just look for the folder ATV Odds & Ends. Merry X-mas!

Old 12-25-2000, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer

Better front springs on the Xpedition 425

Old 12-26-2000, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Shift on the fly would be nice, but I don't know how easy that would to do. I thought that a medium range would be enough for 90% of your driving, so you wouldn't have to shift so much.

I have read your link on getting all 3 headlights on at once, and it sounds so simple, why can't the factory spend the extra $1.89 and do it themselves?

How about a 'factory racer' type quad. There are people spending upteen thousands resurrecting old 250R Hondas, so the demand is there. They should concentrate on good suspension and handling first, and keeping the weight down. I think a hi-performance liquid cooled 300cc engine would be good, just take one cylinder out of a 600cc snow sled engine, and you would have most of it. Manual shift would likely be necessary for racers.

Old 12-26-2000, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Farmr, it appears you and I share the same destination but are taking different routes. I still like the shift on the fly idea better than adding another gear, but I know what you mean.

I disappoints me too that Polaris doesn’t incorporate the headlight mod as a standard function. Honda has just the opposite problem with their 3 headlight system. You turn them on and all 3 are either on or off. This way if you have anything on your front rack you’re either blinded by the reflection from the pod beam or you’re driving in the dark. And they have the ***** to push “Stupid Hurts” in their advertising but won’t spend the $2 to put a brake light on their machines. I guess it just takes us common folk to apply common sense to things.

Old 12-26-2000, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Last week when going through polaris's new 2001 atv and accessories catalog. I saw that they did make one thing that I have been asking them to make. A full front brush/bumper guard that offers better protection for our radiators. Its on the page of bumpers in the catalog and its the lower right brush guard. thats what I wanted. To use it however. I do have the wrong 2000 lb. warn. winch.
So I will have to put mine up for sale. I do want that bumper. It offers good protection and I perfer it over my 2-round bar front bumper. I want that bumper. This spring, I think I will do it. But I will have to buy the specific 2000 lb. warn winch model that fits with this special brush guard. Looking at it, I would say its a brush guard and bumper combo, that protects more of the rad then what I have now and it also has a metal plate that goes under the rad. offering protection
below. Plus its high enough to protect the lights and whole front end better. I think its the best bumper they have now. rangerchet xpedition 425 cc 5-speed.

Quick Reply: Improvements for 2002?