Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME

this is an old topic but a new problem to me... how have you guys been making out with this??? should i contact my dealer / polaris or just weld it my self??
any help would be nice
GunnSmoke

Old 07-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Really glad to hear that Polaris is stepping up for you at least for the parts. I have 2 06 Hawkeyes and on mine the left rear subframe broke completely broke and along with it the left shaft and also bent the a arm. Checked the other one and the subframe was cracking. Dealer called Polaris and they said "sorry, they are too old". So I foot the bill. My daughter and her husband both have 06 Hawkeyes that we talked them into getting so I worry that it will happen to them. Needless to say, I bought new subframes for them and replaced them. Almost $1700 later we are ready to go on vacation. Please contact the US Consumer Protection Agency. The link is on other posts. It seems the attitude of Polaris is that if no one is hurt or Killed, they are going to do as little as they can! All I can say is I've purchased my last Polaris. Good Luck

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

LVRAVEN polaris has not done anything for me. i was wondering if it was even worth the effort to try and get the dealer or polaris to resolve this issue.
i did fill out the form for the consumer protection agency. i own a couple of welders and i am more than capable of repairing the atv my self.
so does polaris admit they have a design flaw??

Old 07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

no they won't admit anything. But the new subframes are really beefed up. I have some pictures taken of my old and what the new ones look like if you would like to see them.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

no thats fine. im sure they beefed them up or else you would hear about this alot more..im not going to bother with calling my dealer or polaris by the sounds of things. i guess its time to get the welder out and fab up a couple of gusset plates

Old 07-14-2008, 06:40 PM

www.Jordan9.com discount cheap nike jordan Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  shoes lacoste Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  trainers at china factory
Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.jordan9.com) amous nike shoes factory & Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com) air force one

Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 PM

www.Jordan9.com discount cheap nike jordan Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  shoes lacoste Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  trainers at china factory
Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.jordan9.com) amous nike shoes factory & Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com) air force one

Old 07-14-2008, 06:43 PM

Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 PM

Old 07-14-2008, 07:27 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Did any of the posters that had the breakage, experience any warnings such as a snapping, clicking, grinding, or notice anything out of the ordinary that they could now attribute to the problem? Not that you are anyway to blame, but it could help other Hawkeye owners if there was something out of the ordinary that we could watch for.

Quick Reply: HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME