Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME

Mongrol,

The only thing I noticed (actually it was my wife riding behind me) was the tire was tilting inward just slightly. Hers doesn't tilt, but when I checked it, it was cracked also.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:16 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Thanks, I'm getting a noise in the frame when it twists or I stand on the footrests and rock it. Can;t find the source.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of noise is it, is it like a squeaky type of noise?

Old 07-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

I would weld it myself and be done with it and also beef some stuff up while I am at like double skin that A_arm sheetmetal and some other things back there., if its under warranty then make em fix it.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

POP POP sweeeek chunkalunk baboom POP Chinkitty chikinttty flop flop flop spewwwwwwww, kachink vroooooommmmm blummmmp blummmmmp pow.
thats the best i can emulate the noise.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

i think the noise your hearing is the Rubber sway bar bushings.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Hawkman300

what kind of noise is it, is it like a squeaky type of noise?</end quote></div>

Nope, the sound is a metallic snapping (quite solid) like snapping your fingers only more solid and louder. When you stand on the footwells and rock the quad, you can feel it in your feet and hear it quite loudly.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

well i finished tearing the rear sub-frame off the hawkeye... it was the front left mounting tab that gave away.. i could only see the tear on the lower section however when it was fully removed there was only 20% total material holding it together.. lucky me the last time i rode it my cousin need to borrow my welder so i just strapped it to the rack and headed down the road im sure if i hit any kinda trails it would have snapped.. so i have been looking at a new rear sub-frame and they look to be around $200.00 soooo im going to weld 20 lbs of steel back there

mongrol the only noise i could think of was creeking noise that was discussed a little while back.. i remember reading about the others having problems with the frame so i checked mine often... it looked like it was out of the blue untill i got a look at the entire piece and realized what was holding it together.. not much

and rickeyparker that is exactly what it sounded like.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] plus you know what they would say if you had a warranty... polaris didnt get it right in 2006, but changed it for 2007 and I get to fix mine in 2008!!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Mine did the same thing, it wasnt a sharp noise it was real dull and yes I could feel it in the footwells while i was rocking it, it was kind a bomp bomp sound and feel, i never could find why it did that but im guessing it was the rear springs moving around on the back, the springs are real stiff but the move around the circumference on top of the shock.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

i am taking the rear sub-frame to my dealer today on my lunch just to show him whats going on... i hope he says "let me order you a new one for free" or it will end like this

well i called my dealer and asked what the chances of getting this fixed were.. he said to bring it in and that they would take pictures and file a calim with polaris... now it will probably be a couple of weeks before i hear anything... it is still getting welded back together and rode..

Quick Reply: HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME