Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ

i have been very un happy with my dealer and polaris also .. i will not ever buy another polaris product as long as i live ... but i bought it, i own it and i beat the hell out of it..

Old 05-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

SELL IT AND USE THE MONEY FOR A DOWN PAYMENT ON A HARLEY, AND YOU WONT EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT STEAMING PLYE OF POLARIS... LOL...LOL

Old 05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

you love your Polaris

Old 05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

what upsets me is it seems every time i ride it i blow a cv or at the least rip a boot.. i have had 4 yes 4 hillard cages . i lost count after 7 cv joints, a 1/2 dozen belts, 3 sets of seconday clutch buttons... i can keep going on and on.. when it works its sweet..

Old 05-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

I know the 2006 hawkeye's I Remeber right rick ritter has the fix for the jetting problem/ Sorry to hear you have had so many problems One savage from what I understand your 2" left you have in your quad is alot of the reason for the cv an boot problem an you are not the first person I have heard this from. I know if the put the 3" lift in a Chevy pickup you will have the front cv boot rip all the time due to the angle of the joint. I had a boot rip on mine an was told they don't fix them cause they don't know if it riped on its own or you got a stick stuck in there an it riped it. Good luck both of you with your next quads onesavage I would remove the 2" lift an save some money on cv joints an boots

Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry onesavage, but anytime you lift and put bigger tires on something your gonna have issues, especialy with a maybe underpowered atv, I know it probably has been said already. back in the rowdy days i had a 76 chev with 6" lift and 38"superswampers and seemed like i was changing driveshafts, u-joints and transmissions daily. I got 1300 miles on my 800 and have had reallky good luck so far hope it holds out.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

First I read this:

Originally posted by: onesavage
what upsets me is it seems every time i ride it i blow a cv or at the least rip a boot.. i have had 4 yes 4 hillard cages . i lost count after 7 cv joints, a 1/2 dozen belts, 3 sets of seconday clutch buttons... i can keep going on and on.. when it works its sweet..
... and then I read this...

04.5 sportsman 400
2inch lift (yellow HIGHLIFTER springs)
27inch itp 589m/s
2500 warn winch
warn ft brushgaurd
ft and rear rack extenders
custom nerf bars
quadovator rev override-rear lights
k&n air filter -dyno jet kit
2inch reciever/ shackle
HEELCLICKER

Any questions? lol.

Sorry, but I gotta point out the obvious to our 'slower' brethren.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

i beat the hell out of this machine , it has gone were hondas, gizzleys,h1s, wont go!! i just hate polaris cust service and my dealer blows.. i had a ball joint break when it was stock and under warrenty and polaris would only cover the ball joint not the other 3 grand in repairs it caused.. every time it went to the dealer , i had to check their work.. they were worse than a bunch of high school kids a working at a instant oil change place..i am a ASE master mechnic..my poppo has held up to my abuse and soooooooo under powered.. my REAL beef if with my dealer and polaris themselves..whe n my ball joint broke they took my quad and investagated for 3 months and then declined to repair it.. 3 months gone, all fricken summer the first summer i had it!!!.. bring on the off brands this POPO is ready to rock!!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow can someone tell me where the perfect land is where nothing breaks and the dealers are always calling for to bring your quad back to wash it for you. lol. im like alot of other people who goes out and puts a bike thru its paces and when it breaks (and they all will) i dont get to upset about it as its part of riding when you beat thr hell out of something that isnt designed to be a tank or inderstructable. i'll amit that when i has to deal w/ my cv that got destroyed that polaris only fixed half of it under warranty andf then the dealer i bought it from didnt treat me very good so i no longer shop there. there loss, not mine.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep adding "MODS" to the quads............Keep replacing parts....Sorry......That's the story!!!..Caper......

Quick Reply: Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ