Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ

I just bought my first quad a few months back....a 03 sp500.I had nothing but problems with it and mine was used I can imagine how you feel being yours was brand new.After working out the kinks Im a little happier now,but I have to say Ill be in te market for a new one next year and I will probably buy a honda.ive talked to too many people who have nothing but good things to say.....That being said Ill always love my polaris...but I think its time to try a honda

Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Honda forum ....They have questions and trouble also!!!!!........Every Brand does.............................Caper...........

Old 05-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

whats your elevation mechanx? That sounds like one hell of a shotty dealer workin on your shizz. I cant see drilling holes in the airbox lid a factory fix. for a jetting issue.. if you were jetted rich from factory they should have changed your jets / dropped your needle.. thats what dealer prep is supposed to be all about. Don't blame poo for your dealer bein a sack of chit operation.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
Check out the Honda forum ....They have questions and trouble also!!!!!........Every Brand does.............................Caper...........
AMEN!!!!! A man at my church has a honda rancher AT400 and has nothing but problems with it. It has been in the dealers shop 8 times and finally the fixed the tranny. So, each manufacture will have bad quads every once in a while. It doesn't mean we throw the baby out with the bath water.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Everyone is entitled to a quality bowel movement as well.. But that was straight oral diareah.
Now that is gross but funny.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

Yes the dealer can make all the diff . I have heard of dealer that don't even call Polaris to get the warrenty work done cause the figure it is to much a hassel for then so they would rather tell you they said no so they can charge you an make alittle more then with warrenty work. AN I have learned from the dealer here who used to sell them you need to know the person who is calling them for you an if they think of you as a friend you have a very high chace of them covering it. I know this for sure cause I got a trans covered on my TB an it was 1yr old. I wish these shop guys would work as hard for polaris owners as they do for other brands.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

hello
One fly cowboy I am not shure of my elevation I live in Waynesboro Tn 38485 If that helps
Also when I rolled the fourwheelere over It was reported to the dealer many times of it spitting and sputtering then all of a sudden it would pick up and run like hell. That is what caused the fourwheeler to roll it was at the peak of the hill and sputtered then picked back up quickly when it did front came up to late it was on top of me. all that happened bruised me up some and somehow pulled a muscle in my back. I have the rollover on video I am trying to settle this with polaris in the easiest manner just to get them to own up the Quad was not ready to be released maybe if everyone who has had problems out of them like I have would just contact them file a complaint do somethin they would really realize its not just a couple from my understanding it is darn near all of them messed up with exceptions. The video I have was at a riding spot with 14 other people watching and video cams from two different angles you can actually hear the fourwheeler sputter then the motor pick up before the crash if it was runnin correctly I would have never wrecked I had 417 dollars in med bills from it, But I am not asking Polaris to pay me I just want them to research the probs with my fourwheeler and hopefully my complaining about the availability of parts will help the people who didnt buy a extended warranty. Had A 2005 Polaris predator 500 bought new Never had a problem one out of it I loved the hell out of that fourwheeler I just traded it and gave boot for this hawkeye and now thinkin should have kept it. Keep letting me know what you think

Joe

Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I feel your pain, I had a pretty big problem with Polaris when I bought my bike's and they just laughed at me and basically told me "tough". There customer service sucks, and they outright lied to everbody involved. I also went the better business bureau route and at least they tried. But I still own both bikes and just decided to quit bitchin about em, and just enjoy em. Will I ever own another one "NO", I could not sleep at night knowing that I let someone Pee on me not once, but twice. So like I stated "I feel your pain", and have never had a company treat me like Polaris did, but at least know we know.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

ditto^^^^^ bump^^^^^ DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
Originally posted by: onesavagewhat upsets me is it seems every time i ride it i blow a cv or at the least rip a boot.. i have had 4 yes 4 hillard cages . i lost count after 7 cv joints, a 1/2 dozen belts, 3 sets of seconday clutch buttons... i can keep going on and on.. when it works its sweet..
Keep adding "MODS" to the quads............Keep replacing parts....Sorry......That's the story!!!..Caper......
I guess it's a good thing I know how to fix stuff eh Caper?

Quick Reply: Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ