Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ

Still Pissed at polaris filed a complaint with BBB
This top part is the Last entry I made today
Dont Care who I **** Off Polaris is shi#@y wont own another one and hope all new readers who dont have them rammed up there A!@ . Will get the point Stay the hell away from there sh#$. in the long run it will save them a lot of money cause this proves polaris dont care about the hard working people who purchase there product. I have owned Yamaha ( no problems) Owned Hondas Had small issues fixed no questions ask. Just sold Kawaski KLX 250
never had a problem. shure bought a lemon from polaris. The wont fix crap they dont care I want everyone I can let know find out
READ COMPLAINT BELOW IT IS NOT IN ORDER HAVE TO LOOK AT DATES FOR COMPLAINTS

Complaint filed by: Joseph Duke (More) Consumer Info
NAME: Joseph Duke

DAY PHONE:

ADDRESS:

EMAIL:

FAX: -

(Less)
Complaint filed against: Polaris Industries Inc. (More)
Business Info
NAME: Polaris Industries Inc.

BBB MEMBER: NO

ADDRESS: 2100 Highway 55
Medina, MN 55340-9100

PHONE: 763 542-0500

FAX: 763 542-0599

(Less)
Complaint status: Case Closed AJR (More)
Activity
Date Activity Description
05/01/2007 More info received from the consumer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for you time in this matter by letting me and everyone who reads this complaint and the way you would like to try to settle it. WITH NO EFFORT From your corperation. I hope you will be out of bussiness soon when you start loosin bussiness it will be because of matters like this. dont offer the consumer nothing for the 60 mile round trips to the dealership or time lost.. NOTHING AT ALL. This is being pubished on the internet at all ATV forum Sites so I can help companies like this close the doors. Post this an your wall so you can see the day the doors close..Me or no one else I know will ever own a Polaris Product!! You could have at least tried to offer to extend the warranty out one more year if this machine is so good,, I would fire the engineer and design team on the Polaris Hawkeye if it was my company. Before you think to Hard I work at a manufacturing company for many years I understand fully how this works. At least Can am gives a three year Warranty that tells you something about there product unlike your measly 6month warranty that isnt worth the paper it is typed on Good Day Time to start posting Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04/30/2007 Case Closed AJR
04/30/2007 Inform Business - Case Closed AJR
04/30/2007 VF4 - Forward Business response to Consumer CLT.cf.rtf
04/30/2007 Receive Business Response
April 30, 2007

Better Business Bureau
Attn: Ms. Donna D'amalfi
2706 Gannon Road
St. Paul, Minnesota, 55116

re: Complaint Number: 57093831, Joseph Duke, VIN: 4XALD27A96B715830

Dear Ms. D'amalfi:

Thank you for contacting Polaris Industries regarding the concerns addressed by Joseph Duke on a Polaris Hawkeye 4x4, VIN: 4XALD27A96B715830.

Mr. Duke expressed his disappointment with the solution Polaris provided relating to the airbox on his ATV since the update was completed. This update allows the ATV's owner to make minute changes to the airflow into the engine while the ATV is operated during certain conditions.

The warranty concerns Mr. Duke has relating to the CV joint on his Hawkeye 4x4 will need be addressed through the contract administrator for his Extended Service Contract (ESC). Mr. Duke's dealer will have the resources to contact the Contract Administrator to determine if this is a warranty related repair.

Although Mr. Duke is dissatisfied with the resolution Polaris has provided relating to the air box on his ATV and his current situation with the CV joint, Polaris will be unable to assist Mr. Duke with a replacement for his Hawkeye 4x4.

Polaris thanks you for the opportunity to respond to Mr. Duke's concerns and apologizes for any inconvenience he has experienced.

Respectfully,

Jim Burk
Consumer Services
Polaris Industries, Inc.

04/24/2007 More info received from the consumer
There was a mistake in the dates of when the holes where drilled in the airbox lid it was in the month of june of 06 not april like stated in the complaint didnt own fourwheeler till may 27th 06

04/24/2007 Inform Business of the Complaint
04/24/2007 Send acknowledgement to Consumer
04/24/2007 Complaint Validated by BBB Operator
04/24/2007 Complaint Received by BBB

(Less)
Case Description: on May 27th Bought A Polaris 300 Hawkeye and had carb jet problems causing the four wheeler to roll over... (More) on May 27th Bought A Polaris 300 Hawkeye and had carb jet problems causing the four wheeler to roll over on a incline ejecting me and hurt my back, not bad but have medical bills for proof of injury healed after a couple of weeks. After taking it to the dealer, was told that the four wheeler will straighten up at 100 miles possibly if not bring it back and will be fixed after three trips to the dealership it finally got unloaded four wheeler sputtering backfiring and running rough but had to stumble a 100 miles on it before they would fix it when I received it from the dealership had four holes drilled in the top of the airbox lid and rubber plugs installed instructed by the dealer to remove the rubber plugs if four wheeler started to run rough and carry back to the dealer. THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT ON THE DEALER AT ALL. It is against the Polaris Industries. I am A mechanic the holes in the lid and the rubber plugs are to test and figure out the jet sizes for the carb when one of the rubber plugs are removed it is like jetting the air jet in the carb on size bigger. Not satisfied with the fix made Polaris Industries Aware they have a file under this vin # 4xald27a96b71583. If you research it with them they can tell you the report. That was in April of last year since I have had four holes drilled in Airbox lid and rubber plugs installed runs alright NOT PERFECT
Was riding last weekend and going on a flat ground at 25 mph applied rear brakes and had a inner cv joint fly apart turning my four wheeler into a 3 wheel drive instead of four wheel drive. All I have had was problems out of this four wheeler and Polaris Industries seems not to care. My dealer has done everything in his power to try to make it right but is afraid the extended warranty may not cover the cv joint and boot. Polaris does not offer just a cv joint for this four wheeler they offer the entire axle assy if not covered will be out 207 plus labor. the first three months of owning this four wheeler was nothing but problems out of carburetor the next three months parked for winter now Cv problems and warranty almost out I am tired of getting a brand new four wheeler fixed If I new this I would Have bought a used old one and not bought a new one I had to work on all the time or one that I would be better walking where I wanted to ride so I wouldnt get towed back to the vehicle.. If the vehicle is a lemon Polaris needs to own up to it I work hard for every cent I make plus the money I am still paying monthly on this machine. (Less)
Category: Guarantee or Warranty Issues
Case opened date: 04/24/2007
Case closed date: 04/30/2007
Desired Resolution: They need to replace this four wheeler, ship it back to the company, and I promise they will find many... (More) They need to replace this four wheeler, ship it back to the company, and I promise they will find many problems like I have seen and no telling how many have not shown up yet. I just want Polaris to do what is right. My dealer is trying his best But Polaris Industries seems not to care. (Less)

Old 05-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer

Use microsoft word program. Let the program check the spelling and other grammer issues out. It is very hard to make a point when the grammer and spelling forces the reader to back up and re-read so many times.

I like my Scrambler and my neighbor has a old 199x 400 Sportsman with no problems and a new 700 Sportman with no problems.

A cv joint should be able to be bought from an non-oem parts supplier. And would take about 1hr total time to replace.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

First off, let me say I am glad to hear you weren't hurt bad.

So the dealer drills four holes in the airbox as a remedy, and you're happy with that? You want Polaris to send you a new quad because it needed to be rejetted, and the dealer didn't rejet it?

I have taken my wifes Trail Blazer to our dealer two days after the warranty expired. They got it fixed under warranty. Polaris will go by what the dealer tells them most of the time.

Have you even tried to take this to another dealer?

Again, truly sorry you have had problems with the quad, but I think you may want to explore some other facilities for repair. If you are a mechanic, you should know drilling holes in a airbox is not the way to check the jetting. If so, I'd hate to bring my car into your garage.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Everyone is entitled to a quality bowel movement as well.. But that was straight oral diareah.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris won't go out of business just because they lose a few customers.

For the record, I haven't had any problems with my line-up.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Everyone is entitled to a quality bowel movement as well.. But that was straight oral diareah.
DAMN SAM ......thats nasty talk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

everyone has their right to be pissed for sure but dont think that all new people have to beware because of your bad experince. i would be suprised if any mfg would go out of thier way to help one person.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Whew, alittle pi**ed are we?

Polaris states no more that a 25* incline. Carb jets making an atv roll over? That's kind of a stretch, must have been more than a 25* incline. Now I know we all climb hills steeper that 25*, but the disclaimer/warning from Polaris means they cannot be held responsible. I'm glad you were not seriously hurt.

As far as the cv joint, if the machine is under warranty Polaris should replace it....period! If not, it's your baby. You knew it came with a 6 month warranty.

Attitude has alot to do with a response from any company. When you threaten to post your complaint on the internet, use phrases like Polaris is s**t, or rammed up their a**, et al what kind of response do you expect?

There that is my opinion, I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Personally, I could not be happier with my Hawkeye. Runs great, and so far no problems.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

well said dude

before you buy - THEY do the kissin.......AFTER you buy, YOU do the kissin

way of retail unfortunately

All MFG's have complaint department for a reason......every brand has thier issues

Old 05-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am Small engine mechanic briggs and stratton and work on weed eaters and chainsaws
The first paragraph was not sent to polaris I never pissed and cussed Polaris I work at a manufacturing plant so I know to try to hold my cool everyone has different experiences with Polaris mine sucked. Tried another dealer but they are over 70 miles away. Just pissed polaris dont act like they give a crap about drilling holes in the airbox lid Come on Fabricate it right to begin with. Dont send a brand new fourwheeler out and let the people who purchase it be the test dummies at there exspense. What about all the people who have broke a cv on the atv and had to purchase a complete axle assy because polaris dont have just the cv available. as far as spelling I cant type for crap. I have tried to keep my cool with company.

Thanks for everyones opinion even if ya slam me
Joe

Quick Reply: Everyone is titled to an opinion PLEASE READ