Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Phoenix Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Phoenix Problems

My daughters phoenix will only run with the choke on?? What need to be adjusted?

Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Will it run indefinitely with the choke on? What year, how many hours of use, etc? Just take it out of storage? When was the last time it was run? How did it run then?

My guess is that its an intake issue.

Check everything from the airbox forward to where the intake boot/manifold attaches to the cylinder head. Make sure there's no leak anywhere ahead of the filter. Adjust the idle speed up and see if that helps. If not, check the spark arrestor to make sure it's not clogged. Check/replace the spark plug.

Report back if any of this helps.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check the carb. Make sure ther is no dirt inside. Had the samething happin to my 330. I pulled the carb, cleaned it , found a very smal rock. I checked the intake and found that the factory had put the hose clamp on wrong and tore the hose.
Replaced the intake hose. I haven't had a problem sense. That was a year ago.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2006 Polaris Phoenix that my daughter was driving today. She turned it off and it would not start. I checked the battery dead. So I jumped it and drove it. I stopped and it sputtered and died. Jumped it again. Drove it and heard a loud pop.

Now it wont start or anything. The battery is dead as a doornail. Hooked a new battery and nothing. The fuse also was blown and when replaced blew again.

any ideas would help I bought it used back in october so I dont know if the dealer will fix or not??? I think the ECM maybe out but how can i check it??

Old 07-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Trailblazer

There was a recall on the Phoenix on the ECM being bad (over heating) but not real sure you can call a dealer and they should tell you if there is a service bulletin or not. Try and adjust the ETC cable on the gas it might be out of adjustment. Make sure the battery cables are not grounding out on the frame? Just guessing??

Wayne

Old 07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

the battery is DOA now and the neutral light will not come on now. It turned over for a minute but that it. I think its a electrical issue. Ill take it to the polaris people if there is a recall. Had to do the same with my 05 trail boss same issue. But with it the cooling fan would just come on by itself without the key in and it would show hot when it had not been rode.