Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris hawkeye mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris hawkeye mods

I would like to try some of the mods that have been shared here. (2006 Hawkeye 4x4 for the wife)
Rejetting has been done by the dealer, runs pretty good now. I would guess the Dynojet kit would be the next step.
Did anyone post the carb slide photos or the clutch weight removal photos?
If anyone has the time to email any info or pictures it would be appreciated. (a.konen@sbcglobal.net)
Looks like we are making so improvements to the Hawkeye, thanks to the members here.
Thanks
Allen

Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

ronickles, appreciate the part numbers. I haven't seen anything about the "Team CVT" though, sounds interesting.

As far as the roller removal, it's an easy mod to do. Remove the clutch cover, and then remove the 35mm nut holding the clutch on the shaft. While holding the outer side if the sheave together pull it off the shaft. I sat mine on the floor, and lifted off the roller cover and simply took two opposing rollers out and put everything back together. Boom bada bing done.

For me the hardest part of drilling the carb slide was getting the needle and plastic thingys back into the center hole of the slide. FYI, replace the carb cover screws with some hex head bolts, and be careful not to strip out the Phillips head screws taking it off.

AlPal, I've installed the Dynojet kit on mine, well worth it IMO, and again fairly easy to do.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey alpal if you wouldnt mind forwarding the pictures to roelrodz09@hotmail.com i also have a hawkeye in need of power

Old 09-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey 06 Hawkeye I have not received any photos. But I did search and found a very nice thread on the drilling of the carb slide by one of the members on this site. Good information keeps coming from the members here.
That's why I keep hanging out. Thanks to everyone!

Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

i put the supertrapp on and took pics of it. i also took pics of the carb slide second hole mod. i will email them to anybody who wants them. ronaldnickels@comcast.net
i will be in winchester bay oregon (the tallest dunes in oregon) for a few days if i dont get ya before i go i will after.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Ive got the Videos on the clutch mods for the Hawkeye, I made then awhile back but did do some things that are wrong with the clutch assembly, ill post them back on youtube in a couple of days its not a hard problem but it does fix a big problem and thats acceleration

Old 09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

ronickles,

Got your e-mail with the pics. Nice fab job on the bracket.

A couple of questions. How does it sound? I'm not looking for anything loud, prefer to stay as close to stock as possible in that regard. Also what kind of preformance gains did you see?

Old 09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

do you have any picture of drillin the slid you you do could you email them to at nicholas.rice@sbcglobal.net thinks

Old 09-18-2007, 03:22 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

My totally <u>stock</u> 06 Hawkeye hauls my 200 lb butt 52 mph on pavement in about 1/8 mi. rolling start. Starts to burble and miss at about 6, 000ft. altitude just like Polaris engineers said it would.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds Successful for you, Mine was running so good that i shelled a rear inner cv joint. lol 220.00 dollars from polaris but they will also do the recalls while its in the shop. RP

Quick Reply: polaris hawkeye mods