Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

what do you dislike about the new line up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you dislike about the new line up?

i dont think they should have dropped the 500 from the pred/outlaw i dont care which frame they kept the just should have held onto the motor the new ones are high reving motors the old 500 was an awsome power house on the trails kind of a 400ex vs 450r thing

also i dont see how they could ask more for a scrambler 500 then the sportsman 500?

beyond that they dropped the sawtooth which is a good little atv for the cash
now there entry level ute is back to the trailboss.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Range Rover

1 NOTHING NEW ABOUT THE SPORTSMAN
2 SAME OLD SCRAMBLER
3 TRAILBLAZER?????
4 ONLY CONCENTRATING ON THE OUTLAW....
5 SAME OLD SCRAMBLER
6 SAME OLD SCRAMBLER.......

Old 07-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i agree with spydey4......same old scrambler. And I like the 07 scrambler better....color wise.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

Well I was just sitting back and sorta waiting for one of the big bores to really blow me away. Sold a Rincon. Family member has a Grizz 700, nice bike. I was waiting for the 08s from all the brands. Can Am still looks very impressive with some improvments. Also Suzuki comming with a 750 King this year. I am still waiting to make sure Honda doesn't release or announce another big bore this September. Polaris, I wouldn't say they didn't change. They have. People just expect too much. I mean look at all the changes all these brands have made in the last 3 years alone, unreal. The 08 Sportsman 800 is improved but there is only so much improving you can do with a single model before having to release an all new machine. I am still debating between the 08 Can Am Outlander and the 08 Sportsman 800 now. I think those are still the 2 premier big bores. Unelss Honda comes with something completely new they are the ones who are truly behind on all the new features and smaller ccs. They need a new bigger model to compete now. I think an 800 is big enough for any brand.

I was just hoping for something that would really "seal" the deal in my mind. Maybe the only thing I would have really have expected or have would have liked to see Polaris add would have been power steering like the Grizz. Seems Can Am improved on their current machine more than thee other brands did this year. Better Visco, Better fuel milage, bigger winch, Better CVT. I don't really think a 750 King is gonna make much difference, the Grizz didn't change at all and Artic Cat was the only ones with a new big machine, which appears to be just too much off the hook. Kawasaki basicly didn't do anything either this year to their big bore but add EFI which they were way behind on. Even lagging behind Honda on this feature. But they do have the new sport quad out.

It would have been nice to see more refinements like power steering from Polaris, Can Am and Honda on the Rincon.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AtvBoy1
I would have really have expected or have would have liked to see Polaris add would have been power steering like the Grizz. </end quote></div>

give them some time on that.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont know, maybe polaris doesnt want to compete w/ so many new models out this from the other mfgs so they just do a small fine tuning and drop some. personally im disappointed in their 08' line up but there isnt a heck of alot we can do except complain.(i like doing that lol.)

Old 07-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

i realy think polars messed up by getting rid of the pred and making the outlaw with a solid axil.the 500 pred and outlaw were almost the same the real diff was outlaw had irs.making a 450 outlaw i think was a good idea giving it a solid axil not a good idea.yesterday i was watch atv races polars was not in any of the classes (utv, side by sides, and super 450. now i now polars will be in one class now. i think the 450 outlaw should be called a pred because it has a sra.the outlaw s im ok with because why have two models with the same engine. its like a camro and an camro rs (same engine different supenson).

Old 07-24-2007, 05:51 AM
Pro Rider

Well, on the 800 Sportsman the fact that it isn't.

Oh Polaris desperately wants you to believe that it is.
They call the machine the Sportsman 800 EFI. They put a label over the engine to make you believe it is an 800cc engine. On their web page they proclaim it to be a "massive 800 twin". They're lying. They actually show you the motor itself as a feature and proclaim in bold letters that it is indeed an EFI 800 twin. They're lying. You have to wade through all sorts of hype until you get to the small print of the specs before you find out the embarrassing truth that the "massive 800 twin engine " isn't as quite as massive as Polaris wanted you to believe. In fact, that "massive 800 twin engine " is only a 760. It seems that Polaris was lying.

Why they just don't call the "800" the Sportsman 750 or the Sportsman 760 I don't know. We're not talking about a few cc discrepancy here. It is blatant misrepresentation. Why don't they just call it a 900 or a 1000 or a 15000 if the numbers don't mean anything. What do we attribute this to? Engine envy? If you tell everyone your engine is 12 inches....I mean 800cc, not be 7 inches... I mean 760cc everyone will believe it is 800 cc regardless of the truth?

The thing is they don't need to be so shady. And what they're doing is shady. It's dishonest. The 760, and that's what it is, it's not and 800 no matter what they'd wish it to be, is an outstanding machine. They don't need this marketing lie to make it into something it isn't. Google has a motto that states "don't be evil" Polaris needs a corporate motto that states "Don't lie"

Old 07-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Jayblazer

i dont think they should have dropped the 500 from the pred/outlaw i dont care which frame they kept the just should have held onto the motor the new ones are high reving motors the old 500 was an awsome power house on the trails kind of a 400ex vs 450r thing

also i dont see how they could ask more for a scrambler 500 then the sportsman 500?

beyond that they dropped the sawtooth which is a good little atv for the cash

now there entry level ute is back to the trailboss.</end quote></div>

I am glad to see the 500 gone it was heavy. The best they could due was to get the Predator down to 405 lbs the new 450 is 365 LBS. Power wise the 525 has all the power you will ever need.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Boring, nothing to make me change from my 05 SP800.

Quick Reply: what do you dislike about the new line up?