Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bigger Camshaft?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigger Camshaft?

i personally would recommend the camshaft, BUT not with out doing what these guys are telling you, first. if your going to be a polaris rider that mods your own machine, youll need to learn how the clutches work. this is, by far, the most imprortant thing to know when you want to put power to the ground. this way youll understand what improvements are being made and why, when you install a clutch kit or components. i recommend the clutch tuning handbook from AAEN performance.

also the airbox/carb mods from HPD, offer considerable gains, when it comes to the seat of your pants feel. a good flowing pipe will also offer up another kick in the ***. it all adds up. step by step your scrammy will start to really scream. its an addiction for most people.

sounds to me like its something your capable of doing, and will really enjoy. with a little reasearch, and some patience, and youll have one kickass scrambler!!!!

its taken me a few years of modding and tuning and tweaking,, and i absolutely LOVE mine.

X

X

Old 08-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bigger Camshaft?

well then i have another question for yall, since i am paralized from the chest down i really dont have alot of balance and use alot of upper body strength to stay on my quad, are wheelie bars available for quads? cuz if im gonna do this clutch thing i think a wheelie is inevitable and i dont have the upper body balance to handle that, maybe i can make one of my own or something, dont want it to look silly or like im tryn to think i have a bad *** quad or anything, just for safety ya know. what yall think?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bigger Camshaft?

keep in mind that my quad is street ridden as they are street legal here in south dakota

Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bigger Camshaft?

I think you're gonna do a wheelie. I think I would get a wheelie bar so it doesn't come back over you. Graz on pursuing motorsports. I would think you would inspire alot of people.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bigger Camshaft?

Thank you mud hog that means alot. i also am missing my left leg from the hip down from a seperate accident, not havin the best of luck here hahaha. Its kinda cute when im sitting at a red light and i hear a little boy next to me say " look mommy that guy aint got no leg" hahaha gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that he even noticed that. Thank Polaris for putting my face in the wind again!!!