Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What kind of riding do you guys do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What kind of riding do you guys do?

Well went up to Kipawa(Quebec) this week-end with three guys from work. Nice day all the way up there, Then when un-loading RAIN and Lots of it!!.......Man let me tell you these trails are VERY remote!!!!

the camp is only acess is by boat (16km) or 140 km of wash board logging roads(with truck) then 6 long miles in by Quad!!!.........had a great time..I think This will turn out to be a once a year thing!!..

while we were there the rain on the trail near one of the braver dams back-up to about 2 feet deep ...........So I was the only one playing in that hole Scrammy!!!!..............I hit the water going about 25 miles /hour and the Splash they said was high.......They lost sight of me for a second.........................................
One thing about the front storage..........Never had water in there until now...LOL...LOL..
The pressure of the water blew the plastic Rad insert open!!!............everything in there was WET!!

Drained the rubber plugs...........Did anybody come up with a seal for the plastic rad cover.........So you can still get at the cap?..........I thing I might silicone it!!!!..........Caper...............

Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride everything. I do get bored with the long flat straights. thankfully there isn't to many of them. I love technical trails. my fav place to ride here, you get a little bit of everything. some straights, hill climbs, few river crossings, some huge mud holes, nice jumps, and one big open field with a track of sorts. last time we rode there we started at 9 that morning and finished up about 6 that evening. only 27 miles total.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

The only time I'm on "trails" is to get to where the good riding is. The more technical the riding the more I like it. I hate sand but I don't mind a bit of mud once in a while. I've never held my 500 wide open so I don't know how fast it can go. For sure I'll never find out how fast my 800 can go.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Range Rover

I make roads not trails. I only ride thru nice areas to get to my ground. it's funny to watch what happens after I plow some crazy place.I tend to try everything in 2wd first so u know ripping up hills in this dry hole of a state AZ leaves a good line. Then I ride by later and see 10 other people tryed it and messed up my nice road by getting stuck or sliding off road and messing it up. No mud for me though. never rains here in hell.
But cmon u sissys dont go where your truck can go because u r tar babys with em. to scared to drive it to its limits.I think its the same with your quads. I bet not even a third of u guys who say u go in deep have a plug in your tires. I bet u even slimed your tires huh. cause its cool. going thru puddles dont count for mud running. how many belts u go thru this month cause u got your quad so hot u had to ride with your foot on front rack just to get out of crap u knew u should not have been in. ever ride your quad for 10 miles on flat tire and still go places mom said not to just cause it was there on way back to truck. let me see pics or your arms and legs all cut up cause u were boonie bashing at high speed. gotta stop now and then to remove some thorns from your parts. I've got deep scratches in my pretty rims cause of the rocks i go over my under carriage looks like someone flipped it and beat it with a hammer.Ive already had to weld my frame back together cause it split in two of those lame factory welds when I was jumping over my buddies trailer with it. I've busted the bead on both front tires together cause I coulndt slow down enough to make some corner and had to ride it out in some tall crap till we could turn enough.I dont slow down when theres something in the way I hit the gas and pull back real hard to get over that guy in front of me with the snorkel kit and twin winch setup they only used it once to pull some branches around his yard so he would look good to his wife. and I bet half of these trail blazers have a truck and still load there quad on a trailer all by itself cause its too much work to or it might scratch the bed up. huh. ever been so far up a hill that u figured out the best way to bail off quad so u dont get squashed by that 800 pound paper weight u r gonna have when it tumbles all the way down.
Yeah I didnt think so... I bought mine and its predessors cause I wanted to beat the snot out of it. not to look cool and say I've been everwhere when I keep it under 40 and polish it daily after riding with my buddies who have can holders and wear sunglasses when they ride with there front and rear bags so they can carry everything they need. which is some snacks a few beers sunscreen and there cell phone so they can call triple a when they get a flat u no brain bucket wearing gotta have full ride gear and a chest protector that matches your wifes ride sissys.
Now that u are all steamed up and gonna say well i dont mistreat my quad or truck cause i need em or that i'm a bad rider who cant control himself,Ask yourself this, Am i a rider who goes out in a group cause its safer that way sissy? or do i really care if i have to walk back to my truck cause i got stupid but damn that was fun rider? I bet the answers gonna be the sissy rider, But u can lie to us and act hardcore right before u try to sue someone cause u got hurt playing golf or tennis..
It's ok

Old 09-18-2007, 06:28 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

Well went up to Kipawa(Quebec) this week-end with three guys from work. Nice day all the way up there, Then when un-loading RAIN and Lots of it!!.......Man let me tell you these trails are VERY remote!!!!

the camp is only acess is by boat (16km) or 140 km of wash board logging roads(with truck) then 6 long miles in by Quad!!!.........had a great time..I think This will turn out to be a once a year thing!!..

while we were there the rain on the trail near one of the braver dams back-up to about 2 feet deep ...........So I was the only one playing in that hole Scrammy!!!!..............I hit the water going about 25 miles /hour and the Splash they said was high.......They lost sight of me for a second.........................................

One thing about the front storage..........Never had water in there until now...LOL...LOL..

The pressure of the water blew the plastic Rad insert open!!!............everything in there was WET!!

Drained the rubber plugs...........Did anybody come up with a seal for the plastic rad cover.........So you can still get at the cap?..........I thing I might silicone it!!!!..........Caper...............</end quote></div>

If u did that and your plugs didnt foulout on u u must also walk on water huh

Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sheepdogMSP8117

The only time I'm on "trails" is to get to where the good riding is. The more technical the riding the more I like it. I hate sand but I don't mind a bit of mud once in a while. I've never held my 500 wide open so I don't know how fast it can go. For sure I'll never find out how fast my 800 can go.</end quote></div>

Why not? are u scared? put on a helmet and mash on that sucker for a while. did u forget what livings like? remember that when u die u dont wanna show up in a nicely preserved body. u wanna slide in all beat up yelling damn now that was fun.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

dosceola I think you need to read what people are writing before you go on a rant. You aree contridicting everything people are saying

Old 09-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey Kukerdan, we ride up here in the wonderful woods of New England. We usually start off on a state multi-use railtrail that's a nice smooth ride with a speed limit of 25 mph. The trails we run are a mix of small stretches of open-it-up road, a little slower small rock rough trails and then the fun stuff. Most of our trails have tree roots, rock climbs, and waterholes. Not so bad this year as there is a bit of a drought. Some of the rock climbs really challenge the ATVs but they always seem to crawl up and over everything we've tried including a few almost vertical rock faces that go up about 3 feet or so. Can you say, "lean over the handlebars"? There's plenty of loose black soil mudholes or clay mud with standing water over the top. We've gone through up to the headlights more than a few times and had a blast. I wish we had a few more open it up type trails where I ride, but am extremely happy with my Polaris machines. They seem to be the most popular quads where I ride in Claremont, NH. Lot's of Sportmans, handfuls of Brutes, Hondas, and others. Some videos I've taken http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...rT18&mode=user&search= and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...8&mode=related&search= I hope to video some of our rock climb trails where it's low and slow.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SCRAMMYTODD

dosceola I think you need to read what people are writing before you go on a rant. You aree contridicting everything people are saying</end quote></div>

Am I? I think thats my point. I'm just trying to get people riled up to do some real riding. u know like u did'nt pay all that money for it riding. I'm not pointing any fingers just stating facts. Whats hard off road driving to u or someone else is daily for me. there could be others. but I've got it easy Mountains and desert are endless and within 1 mile of my house. Don't wanna ruffle any feathers just wanna wake up all those trailer queens

Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Trailblazer

Mostly tight woods trails and hillclimbs, but I'll open her up on the old railroad bed from time to time.

Quick Reply: What kind of riding do you guys do?