Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What kind of riding do you guys do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of riding do you guys do?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kukerdan

Everytime i read a post, its always about crusing down trails, theres always high speed figures thrown in there...

everyones concerned about top speed,

I always see pictures of these smooth hard packed dirt trails,

wide enough for two machines

Guys running holeshots all around

are you guys riding on groomed trails or somthing?

I ride in the nasty of the nasty.. trails you have to crawl most of the time, nasty rock/root/ditch filled hill climbs and descents,

tons of rock crawling... I have to pull stunts the whole time to get my machine thru the thick stuff..

sounds like every one else is riding luxury trails, with only a few pebbles to worry about.

I will post pictures soon for you guys</end quote></div>

u talk of slow nasty trail riding, how do those high compression pistons like that? and whats a stunt? Too much Video games or ESPN for u i think. U dont know or talk of speed cause u r on a 400 thats ten yrs old. speed is on your trailer behind your truck. high compression pistons huh. did u do anything to top end of motor? note HIGH COMP pistons do't do much for a stock everything else with no pipe. What do u get for gas mileage? are those pistons cut,contured,or polished? If pistons are only thing going she must idle rough on those nasty nasty trails. I dont understand why people Gotta talk themselves up so much. Moose halogen lights extended cv shields for what? and a 40 over bore on that little block. its aluminum did u sleeve the thing. u are very close to the outer wall of block it would break thru,man

Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PredatorSlim

Mostly tight woods trails and hillclimbs, but I'll open her up on the old railroad bed from time to time.</end quote></div>

Only time to time? its ok its just us here. u know u hammer that thing when u get chance. u didnt get it to slow poke around did u? hammer down!! how far u jumped it? almost broke it to huh..... coolbeans

Old 09-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dosceola

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sheepdogMSP8117

The only time I'm on "trails" is to get to where the good riding is. The more technical the riding the more I like it. I hate sand but I don't mind a bit of mud once in a while. I've never held my 500 wide open so I don't know how fast it can go. For sure I'll never find out how fast my 800 can go.</end quote></div>

Why not? are u scared? put on a helmet and mash on that sucker for a while. did u forget what livings like? remember that when u die u dont wanna show up in a nicely preserved body. u wanna slide in all beat up yelling damn now that was fun.</end quote></div>
Riding a utility ATV all out is not my idea of the smartest thing to do, but that's just me. It has nothing to do with "living". I love adrenaline rushes, just not on my ATV with the throttle pinned watching the speedometer. I have plenty of fun without taking unnecessary risks. I take enough risks in my profession that I tend to just take it easy on my time off. Also, I like to take care of my stuff so it stays dependable and lasts a long time.

Please don't bash others, this thread was very constructive and fun to follow until you started with this crap. To each his own. It's not important how you ride, rather THAT you ride. Now lets let others post what kind of riding they do while the rest of us enjoy the reading.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

dosceola, My long reply to your other post that quoted me didn't go through, so I'll just leave this short one.

Maybe you should take a time out and come back when you can interact nicely with the rest of us.

ADDED: looks like my other post made it afterall.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with Sheepdog. I love adreniline rushes. I have had 80+ mph offshore boats, drag sleds that did over 130 mph, I have a stage 4 kit on my Harley and a myriad of other ridiculously fast toys. It's different strokes for different folks. I have had the need for speed throughout my whole life and it hasn't really paid dividends. Instead, I have crashed bikes and snowmobiles to the tune of several injuries that required surgery. I still love to go fast, but feel that of all my motorsports, the atv's are the least safe at full speed. I occassionally run my 800 flat out but really don't get the thrill out of it. Probably because 55 really isn't that fast. However, the majority of the thrill I get out of my bike is mudding and hitting the tight twisties at speed. That's the rush I get from my atv's. Once out of warranty I will clutch my bike for maximum hole shot and sure, I will lose some top end but that isn't the thrill for me.

It's funny how people on these forums get so angry and condescending when others don't feel exactly how they do. I surely doubt that Sheepdog is going to change his whole style of riding because Dosceola wants him to.

Live and let live, kids, live and let live.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Ride woods trails with mud, rock, roots, climbs, just about everything. SP is great in this terrain. Tests tires pretty good, stocks tires have never lasted more than a couple rides. Even my 6 PR Mud Lites have given up on me, 2 plugs in each front sidewall. Like to hit the trails fast time to time, and have went through a few radiator/brush guards.

dosceola-it's fun to hit it like you are talking, but gotta be careful, and nothing wrong with riding with someone who can pull that 800# machine off you. Had a friend who flipped his 700 SP. Very steep hill, he wound up with wheeler on top of him with his head pinned against a tree, back tire against his helmet, machine in gear and still running, pointed down hill. he was going nowhere if he was by himself. If he hadn't wore a helmet, or for that matter a full face, he would've been in bad shape. Only suffered cracked ribs. He was lucky. Be careful and have fun! Isn't that what we ride for?

Old 09-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Range Rover

dosceola, My long reply to your other post that quoted me didn't go through, so I'll just leave this short one.

Maybe you should take a time out and come back when you can interact nicely with the rest of us.

ADDED: looks like my other post made it afterall.</end quote></div>

Sorry fellas i didnt ask anyone to alter there riding style or point fingers at anyone. ok maybe one finger at somebody. all i did was comment on how people say so many things about things they have never done. In my original post thats all i said. i know u know people like that and if u wanna cruise around like u do cool beans. I made points as to myself and the people i dislike,I see quads and bikes being turned into eyecandy for status and some finacial gain just like hot rods are becoming. just cause u can write a check and have someone else build u something and then wear some racing crap and try to talk like u r cool on the weekends. I ride just like i said thats fun to me but someone wants to come and start a line about oh i do this and that and u drive like grandma. did u guys read the opener on this thread? maybe u should read again and direct those quotes at someone else cause what u said to me sounds kinda like what i said in my way. but i didnt direct it till later.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dosceola

The only time I'm on "trails" is to get to where the good riding is. The more technical the riding the more I like it. I hate sand but I don't mind a bit of mud once in a while. I've never held my 500 wide open so I don't know how fast it can go. For sure I'll never find out how fast my 800 can go.</end quote></div>

Why not? are u scared? put on a helmet and mash on that sucker for a while. did u forget what livings like? remember that when u die u dont wanna show up in a nicely preserved body. u wanna slide in all beat up yelling damn now that was fun.</end quote></div>

Riding a utility ATV all out is not my idea of the smartest thing to do, but that's just me. It has nothing to do with "living". I love adrenaline rushes, just not on my ATV with the throttle pinned watching the speedometer. I have plenty of fun without taking unnecessary risks. I take enough risks in my profession that I tend to just take it easy on my time off. Also, I like to take care of my stuff so it stays dependable and lasts a long time.

Please don't bash others, this thread was very constructive and fun to follow until you started with this crap. To each his own. It's not important how you ride, rather THAT you ride. Now lets let others post what kind of riding they do while the rest of us enjoy the reading.</end quote></div>

and im sorry that an 800 cc ride u got only does 55 but thats u. i can afford to break my stuff cause i turn the wrenches i dont drop it off to have it fixed. check some of my posts I have been nice and helped anyway i could. And a time out huh. ok dad. do u feel better now? u guys should listen excuse me read what u posted cause u r doing same thing u jumped me for. Have a good day fellas

Old 09-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Range Rover

yes sir thats why i ride. and your friend was smart wearing a brain bucket. what happened to testing ourselves? I've got 3 kids and they will learn there own limits on there own someday. people are to cautious these days and it hurts others to not see it in the end. If u dont die its a learning experence cause at least next time u will do it diffrent right. This is my view I'm not asking anybody to change or be like anything. even if u crash if it was fun up until then cool. but like i said i know u know people just like i was talking about and I dont care if people dont like what i said. if u were doing it here in front of me i would say it to ya. sorry 2day got rambling on response to u. good to know people still have fun on these things

Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Wow.

Quick Reply: What kind of riding do you guys do?