1st ever american built atv ever! pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st ever american billet atv ever! pics

was'nt the big red a 350 and the fatcat a 250 man i'm old lol

Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st ever american built atv ever! pics

I don't think you can get insurance on them here in Ontario,Canada??...(for the trails)....Does anybody know for sure...................I still see some dealers selling them(3-wheelers) in the ads.........Maybe for your own land use only!!.............Caper.............

Old 10-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

In Minnesota 3 wheelers are banned. You can not ride them on any public land, what you do on your own land is up to you though.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7

3 wheelers were not banned!!! they were deemed safe as any other offroad vehicle, but there were lawsuits. 3 wheel atv sales dried up with the release of 4 wheel atv's, who wanted to ride a tricycle? I believe Honda had the most popular atv Big Red.</end quote></div>

3 wheelers were pulled from dealers showrooms overnite. Didnt have anything to do with sales. The show 20/20 took down 3 wheelers. Because of all that we have the CPSC involved in quad sales to basically protect the manufacturers from their own customers.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Its not illegal to ride or buy a 3-wheeler. Its illegal to sell a new 3-wheeler.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Catterman

In Minnesota 3 wheelers are banned. You can not ride them on any public land, what you do on your own land is up to you though.</end quote></div>

Not true.

Quoting Page 6 of the 2007-2008 Minnesota DNR's OHV Regulations Guide:

Class 1 ATVs are motorized flotation-tired vehicles with
at least three but no more than six low pressure tires
that have an engine displacement of less than 800 cubic
centimeters and total dry weight of less than 900 pounds.

As long as it's registered, has functioning brakes, throttle, etc, it's fine to ride on public land.

For what it's worth, if you're 18 or above, you can even carry a passenger on a three-wheeler. (Probably not a good idea though)

Old 10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

3 wheelers were not banned!!! they were deemed safe as any other offroad vehicle, but there were lawsuits. 3 wheel atv sales dried up with the release of 4 wheel atv's, who wanted to ride a tricycle? I believe Honda had the most popular atv Big Red.</end quote></div>

3 wheelers were pulled from dealers showrooms overnite. Didnt have anything to do with sales. The show 20/20 took down 3 wheelers. Because of all that we have the CPSC involved in quad sales to basically protect the manufacturers from their own customers.</end quote></div>

Do a little research if you want to know! 3 wheels are not banned! Lack of sales and stupid riders did them in.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Do a little research if you want to know! 3 wheels are not banned! Lack of sales and stupid riders did them in.</end quote></div>

Why would I have to do research? I lived through this and had a few conversations with the dealers in my area at the time.

I agree with the stupid riders.

I didnt use the word banned anywhere in my post.

And sales did plummet when the manufacturers pulled them from the showroom floors.

Your saying that 3 and 4 wheelers were on the showroom floor together?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well RickCJ7 here's what i do know about the 3 wheel trikes , while the government didn't go as far a ban on them there were so many people men women and children injured , crippled and killed on the trikes that the Ambulance Chasers ; they started doing comercial's aimed at 3 wheeler's on the radio and TV asking anyone that was hurt crippled or the loved one of someone who died in atc accident's ! And after class action law suit's made it to Courts , and judges started awarding huge amounts of money ; and of course the defence lawers would appeal to higher courts ! But as this happened more people came forward and joined in the law suit's ! It dragged on for another 5 year's and more people joined , untill it went to the hightest court in the US ; but both Suzuki and Honda pulled their ATC's from the US market before the final Judgemet awarding huge sums of money ! Suzuki and Honda gave up , and started working on the 4 wheeled ATV's ; Suzuki was the first to release the first atv then Honda followed with there first ATV ! Then the rest followed Suzuki leading the way with the first to offer IRS and the dif locker , and rest is history ! .............

Old 10-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 166 Likes on 165 Posts

Amazing what pulling a model off the sales floor will do to it's sales figures. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 1st ever american built atv ever! pics