Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

1st ever american built atv ever! pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st ever american built atv ever! pics

This reply is for everyone on this thread , it's not illegal to ride a 3 wheeler here in Ga. either as far as i know ; it's just been a long while since of seen one on the trails i ride here in Ga. ! It's been over 5 or 6 yrs. since i've seen anyone riding one on the trail's i ride on here in northwest Ga. , i'm sure there are still people who own 3 wheeler's here in my home town ; and they may ride the same trail's i ride i just haven't seen one in yrs. when i ride and it's just hard to find part's for them from the local dealer's here ! If there are part's that will work on the 3 wheeled trike's , my local AC Dealer could and would order the part's to fit any brand of 3 wheeler's ; because she still has her 'Kirk Racing ' machine shop where she build's Racing Engine's and does custom setup's for the young motocross rider's that are away's coming into her Dealership ! She still help's support the young racer's in their bike and atv racing , by letting them work in both her shop's so they can learn to work on their own bike's and atv's ; while earning money to support their racing carreer's ! She let's them help Assemble and Prep the new bike's and atv's ; and work doing the service and repair of the bike's and atv's brought into the shop's ! She's alway's there to step in when they run into something they can't handle , and show's them how to do the repair's ; so they learn how to do it the next time they run into the same problem ! They work for minimum wage's because they are learning to become a skilled machanic as they get hand's on experence as they go along , so it's really like going to school and getting paid as they learn ; this lady can do it all there isn't anything on a 2 or 4 stroke engine that she can't fix unless the engine is to far gone to be repaired ! She has a complete machine shop at her home , where she custom build's engine's for both racing and stock engine's ; and this is where she does the setup's for the racing bike's an atv's ! ........

Old 10-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st ever american billet atv ever! pics

jodaanja the title of the post is the first American made atc/3 wheeler , and onesavage Suzuki not Honda was the innovator of both the 3 wheeled atc and the 4 wheeled atv ; and Suzuki lead the way by being the first japanese manufacturer to offer 4 wheel indepent suspention and the first Diff locker on their 88' or 89' Suzuki LTF4wd 250 Quadrunner 4x4 atv ! I know this because in 1989 my cousin and myself were lookin to purchase our first atv's , and we went around to all the big four Dealership's and looked all of them over to deside whitch were the best to by from ; we checked them in this order: Honda , Kawasaki , Yamaha then Suzuki ! It was the Suzuki that my cousin bought first , he paid cash while i applied for credit at Suzuki , then Honda , Kawasaki and Yamaha ; and i was turned down as i didn't a credit rating with any Bank or Major Credit Card Company at the time ! The Suzuki Dealer had their Financing through General Electric Credit Corporation , and i had paid off a loan on a mobile home i took over the payment's from my brother and sister inlaw ; and i had the word of the Diistric Manager of GE Credit Corperation that he would change the name from my brother and sister inlaw's and put the loan in my name ! So that the credit rating would be in my name , when i paid off the loan on the mobile home ; but when i applied for credit on the Suzuki atv i was turned down by GE Credit Corp. ! The reason GE Credit Corp. gave the Suzuki Dealer and myself for turning my loan application down , was either because the Distric Manager of GE Credi Corp. failed to change the the name on the loan on the mobile home in my name ; or it had been to long for GE to have kept the record's of the loan on file ! So i had to go with buying a used 1986 Honda TRX 350 Foreman 4x4 from a guy who was in need of cash so he could finish building his home , i had morage the mobile home to a Finance Co. to get the money for the Honda ; it only had a little over 20 hrs on it and the guy i bought it from was the original owner it still looked new and had a custom mount bumper with a new 2500 lb. SuperWench on the front bumper ! It turned out to be a great atv , and i got a good deal on the quad ; and it was larger that the Suzuki and as it turned out i liked it better than the Suzuki ! .......

Old 10-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default 1st ever american billet atv ever! pics

Wow, did this ever take a left turn.