Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Aftermarket Part Numbers for 800 EFI Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly VW_Lover, I don't know. All I did was remove and replace the fuel pump portion, all else was what came with the bike.

I do notice now though the Fuel indicator flashes and the fuel bar goes up and down eratically, all seems to indicate Im low on fuel but Im not.

This started happening the day I replaced it and rode for awhile.
I'll be going camping March 18 with the ATV's and kids so I'll see how it really does.

Any ideas about the flashing Fuel indicator out there?

Old 03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a messed up sensor and maybe the wire conections not tight?

Old 03-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vw_lover
hey with the fuel pump replacement do you use the regulator from the old pump or discard it and put the fuel line supplied wth the new pump in place,i guess its a regulator but im not sure,i used the pump thats been suggested and it runs but it seems to run rich anyone with some advice would be greatful its a 04 sportsman 700 thanks
i didn't know there was a regulator on the pump assembly. i beleave there is one up on the fuel rail area.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

i dont know if its a regulator or not.theres a short peice of hose between the pump and a round black thing that has something that looks like a regulator then another peice of short hose between the black thing and the sending unit.i didnt put the black thing back on due to it having one of the clips broken that holds the regulator looking thing to the black peice inbetween the pump and sender unit,i used the hose that came with the pump.im having a rich condition with the 4 wheeler and im wondering if not having the peice in there is the problem,i just got the 4 wheeler as a basket case so i dont know how it ran before the pump went out,the previous owner said it ran great before the pump went out

Old 03-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Looking at the pic in my service manual for my '05, there is a regulator in the fuel tank assembly..

John

Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks,i thought it was a regulator but i wasnt sure,that kinda sucks because the person im doing the work for threw it away,i guess i will have to put a inline regulater on it,do you know what the fuel pressure should be?that would explain why it seems to run alittle rich.thanks for your help,i gladely appreicate it

Old 03-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Pro Rider

From what I gather just searching a couple other posts, the fuel pressure has to do with what pump you get, so I'm assuming the new pump has one in it. Also on the threads I saw they all saw it should be at 40 (+- a couple PSI).

Here's a link to some threads that may be helpful:
http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...fuel-pump.html

http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...one-bad-2.html

Old 03-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer

Try not running gas tank more then half empty....the fuel pump is cooled by the gas in the tank....same holds true as in a car or truck.

You save the pump from going out so soon if ever.

Art

Old 07-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow just looked at the date on this thread... over a year old but I am gonna revive it as it is great information.

I have replaced the fuel pump as per this thread and all was working great. Got about 3 kms down the road and it quit, tested the fuel pump and it appears to be okay. I am wondering what kind of voltage reading I should be getting going to the pump as I am only showing 4 volts? What controls the voltage going to the pump? the ECM?

Thanks in advance
MCM

Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just had to replace my with Bestest pump...(all they had in stock)..BE2044 used in Ford Mercury's...so far so good.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Part Numbers for 800 EFI Fuel Pump