Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

POLARIS GURUS HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLARIS GURUS HELP!!!

Hey if someone with a manual.... I have an ERROR CODE : 41 Please look it up and tell me what it is.... I got it by doing the key on and off thing.....

Old 10-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just happen to have beside me. its a air temp. sensor low/high voltage.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

Awsome.... amkes since cause it happens when it warms up... is that right on the intake plenum.... two bolts..... on the top of it? also... I dunno if I caused it by having the airbox off when doing the check also had it unpluged... but I plugged it back in and i still get the same code.......... does it store the codes.. or will it go away as soon as I put a new sensor in?

Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

i think its the t map sensor on the intake and i wouldnt be surprised if the cover off the air box would do it. i think you can unhook the battery to reset the codes i will have to check.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

ok i checked and it says its a non sevice part(we knew that) and can only be tested w/ the polaris software(thier computer) and you unhook the pos. batt. cable for 20 secs. to clear codes. the sensor messures temp and baronic(spelled wrong) pressure in the mass air intake. hope that helps.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks, that does help, so Ill clear the codes... let it warm up untill it acts up and then check it for codes again..... I bet I get the code back.....

Old 10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

then you'll have it put on thier computer to check it or buy a new sensor.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

well after I clear it... and run the machine till it acts up.. If it gets the same code (I bet it will) then i will just buy the sensor, ...My stealer is so far away that it is worth it to just try the new sensor to truck it over there... and the only thing they have on me is the polaris computer(honestly running on windows 95) <--- the machanic showed me... and they also have a couple special tools that I dont have... but I truly feel i am better off just trouble shooting my self then paying ten billion in labor....

Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Trailblazer

WELL... i CLEARED the codes... and ran it and it still had the problem(obviously)... but then I checked the codes.. and it did not get that error again... this means I only got the code because i had that sensor unplugged... so.. I am still stumped with a poorly running atv... I am hoping it isent a head gasket..... ahs anyone else experienced this when ther machine warmed up... and what was it...

ps I know it is no longer a fuel or speed thing but a heat thing... since I can let it idle and then jusp on it and it has this problem... so I dont need to go up and down the driveway like I stated erilier to replicat this.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

I was reading that some people had symptoms like this when the gas tank was low... the fule pump was overheating?..... If sombody has experienced this please let me know what it was doing?.... also I know there is a cheaper aftermarket pump that fits..... what is the P/N and where can I get one?

Quick Reply: POLARIS GURUS HELP!!!