Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

POLARIS GURUS HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLARIS GURUS HELP!!!

I have a 2004 polaris sportsman 700 twin EFI When i first start it it runs perfect... I nali the gas and she takes right off... then after 5 - 6 long driveway runs I put it right to the bar to take off... and it falls flat on its face... the first time this happened ...i was just ut on a very easy lesurly ride when i punched it and this happened.. I thought it was just the fule filter so I replaced it and it still happens... It dosent seem to do this untill it heats up.... 5-6 long driveway fast runs. It acts like a fuel problem... I am hoping its not a coil problem as I bet a coile for this rig would cost a fortune...

Please help

NEK

Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

maybe the the breather line to the gas tank is plugged. if plugged, fuel will not freely flow down. it'll be like trying to suck a basketball through a garden hose...............

similiar to having a thick milk shake and using a straw.................................

open the fuel filler cap when it starts up having those sysmptoms and see if it goes away..............

Old 10-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

You know, Ill buy that..... where does the breather come out? I havent seen it... but I havent really looked for it either.... Just to support your I dea.. I will add that if I let it set for a couple minutes the problem goes away for a little while.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

i don't know where the breather line is at.................somewhere under the body plastic.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

WELL... YES..and i m sure i can find it if i hunt around... I just thought sombody might know where it comes out to save me some time hunting...

Old 10-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

check an online parts microfiche, that should help you, if you can locate the part it will basically show you where it is located and that should be better then going in blind trying to find it. No idea if this is what your looking for, but like I said check a parts microfiche, part #19 is a breather. Good luck ( and I know it says 2003 in the pic, but don't forget that is when your quad was actually made [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and if you dont like it, look yourself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] )

Old 10-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

It's under the fuel tank cover about 1 to 2 inches in front of the fuel spout. That very well could be it. They run forward on the top of the tank and route into the center of the steering post. Any trouble codes present possibly?

Trending Topics

Old 10-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hopefully the pump isnt to break down itself.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Trailblazer

Ill have a look... sounds like its burried pretty good and hard to get at.... I know the fule filter was a real pain.... any way... I dont think its the pump because it has decent pressure and other then this it runs fine.... usually the pumps just all together quit..

Old 10-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea they usually start to heat up and break down interanlly. just make sure theres not alot of restriction as this would put alot more strain on the pump as well. good luck w/ it.

Quick Reply: POLARIS GURUS HELP!!!