Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trail Blazer 250 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Blazer 250 Issues

dos any one know where to git a fmf pipe or if they evein make one for a trailblazer 250

Old 10-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

try searching the net, FMF only had the 400 listed on their site no 250 your best bet for bang for the buck if your not looking for brand names go with http://rittercycle.com/polaris.htm

Old 03-05-2008, 03:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello,
My name is Walt and I own a 97 Polaris trailblazer 250. I am having a problem with my rope pull start and I am not certain as how to re-install the rope correctly. I noticed you had made the offer of making a copy of the page from your manual on this issue and e-mailing it to someone else who was having the same problem. Would you kindly do the same for me? I would really be grateful if you could help me out on this. I thank you in advance for any help...Walt Smith

waltgsmithjr@yahoo.com
860-883-0078

Old 03-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, my name is Sam and I just purchased a 2000 Trailblazer 250. The bike was treated pretty roughly and I would like to do some major TLC on it. The one thing that REALLY trips me out is the fact that the guy never puts any crankcase oil in them ( he HAD 2). Claims they don't take any. I guess that's POSSIBLE, but it's at the least very counter-intuitive to me. I have the parts/tools/knowledge to rebuild it entirely if needed, but not the manual.....*hint *hint lol. SO, if there is any way someone could help me as well with that, it would be GREATLY appreciated, especially since I refuse to do more than start it up before I figure out the oil-thing. I would prefer not to post my e-mail if possible, but will provide it if needed. Thanks very much in advance.

-Sam

Old 03-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

Sam, you say you have the knowledge to rebuild the engine yet you can't figure out the oiling system? It is simple. Put 2 stroke oil in the tank,add gas,start machine and ride. The Trailblazer is oil injected and is idiot proof.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: eurozx3

Sam, you say you have the knowledge to rebuild the engine yet you can't figure out the oiling system? It is simple. Put 2 stroke oil in the tank,add gas,start machine and ride. The Trailblazer is oil injected and is idiot proof.</end quote></div>

i think what he means is
add 2 stroke injection oil in the front tank and gas it up a 2 stroke uses no actual crancase oil and only uses the oil mixed with the gas from that front tank to lube the entire motor top and bottom , keep an eye on the oil level to make sure the oil pump is working too it should drop very slowly but noticable
and welcome to the forum sam he forgot that too

Old 03-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah I was, uh, kinda' wondering what that was all about. I mean to say that I am capable of re-building/re-machining etc whatever I need to, but are you suggesting that I NEED to tear it down and examine the oiling system myself before trying to ASK someone? I am a machinist and have done similar engines in the past (2-cycle honda dirtbikes etc) and could easily buy the specs manual and put it back better than factory, not that that would make a bit of sense in this situation at this time lol. I appreciate your update itch, just wanted to get that part out there as he impugned my intelligence lol. So lemme' now update the information I've given so as to clarify, and thanks so much for trying to help:

(1)I am very familiar with the 2-cycle oiling system, which is why i mix my own gas and have removed the oiler entirely. To the best of my knowledge that just basically means lose some power and a bit more carbon build-up VS freedom from depending on a fallible part that will ruin the engine guaranteed when it fails if not turned off REAL quick. If I'm missing something anywhere in here PLEASE feel free to point it out.

(2)Friends of mine have blasters etc; (yes 2 cycle bikes) and they take some form of crankcase oil, so, I thought maybe mine would too. It sure makes a racket when running.

(3)The engine seems to struggle at low RPMs which means I have 2 speed options fast and stop (or it'll bog down) almost as if flooding out. Comparing to the same bike the guy still owns, his has no problems like that. Am going to try to clean out the carb 2nite or 2morrow to maybe help with that problem.

(4)After riding a bit (say even 10-15 minutes) it gets pretty dang hot (you know the smell etc[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and loses even more power in the mid-range and a little in the high-range.

(5)The guy has already replaced the engine (after 2 pistons) and the piston once in this engine. What's that all about? Hence the reason I think it needs something like oil somewhere I'm unaware of.

Sorry to be so long-winded. Just trying to give as much info as possible so that whomever may understand better if they would like to help. Thanks again and great forum guys.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: itch

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: eurozx3

Sam, you say you have the knowledge to rebuild the engine yet you can't figure out the oiling system? It is simple. Put 2 stroke oil in the tank,add gas,start machine and ride. The Trailblazer is oil injected and is idiot proof.</end quote></div>

i think what he means is

add 2 stroke injection oil in the front tank and gas it up a 2 stroke uses no actual crankcase oil and only uses the oil mixed with the gas from that front tank to lube the entire motor top and bottom , keep an eye on the oil level to make sure the oil pump is working too it should drop very slowly but noticeable

and welcome to the forum sam he forgot that too</end quote></div>

Thanks again itch.........OMG are you saying that the straight 2-cycle oil in the reservoir goes around a bit pure as well as mixing into the gas? As in, I basically removed the oil-pan and blocked off the ports?! Cuz...uhhh.....that would be bad lol. And yes that was a 4-stroke metaphor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

Blasters will have oil in the crankcase to lubricate the transmission and clutch. The Polaris uses AGL for it cvt transmission. You may be premixing at a ratio that is too rich and causing it to bog and run hot. The jetting in the carb may be off too. You should just stick with the stock injection system. I have never heard of one failing if it was maintained properly.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well it's too late for the oil-injection system as it's completely removed, but I will definitely check the mix-ratio and try to be a bit more accurate. Come to think of it, I must admit to having mixed it a bit rich to be on the safe side (I thought lol). See, I have been riding it a lot BEFORE I owned it, now I'm just all paranoid about fraggin it up. Thanks for the great advice, fellas. Oh, and if I have credit enough to spend on one more question =) :

I hear 2 versions "Ride the dog*** outta' it cuz that's what it's designed for (being 2-stroke) and it will help rather than hurting it" and "treat it like any other gas engine, try not to rev it up TOO terribly much".......any opinions? I actually hear that not riding it hard enough may be causing the bogging-down, but I DO know enough to know that I am riding it hard enough to burn the gas clean.

Quick Reply: Trail Blazer 250 Issues