Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:57 PM
TIC
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 sportsman cv axle cost

2002 sportsman 500 HO 4x4
rear axles cv boot joint and all.
Is there anyone/ anywhere that sales the whole thing?
Needing to replace both sides.

Thank you for any direction you can send me.

This is not my machine. Just trying to help a buddy.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

I would say the dealer would be able to get them, but probably expensive. I bought a set of Gorillas for the rear of mine and they were very pricey. Try bikebandit.com or E-bay

Old 10-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

how about any auto cv shop

Old 10-30-2007, 04:37 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

There $160 "Buy Now" new on E bay. Linky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TIC there's a guy that goes by the name of thecvguy i don't know if he still hang's out on the atv connection forums anymore , but i think he sell's on ebay using the same name ; i saw a post where someone was asking about cv joint's once it's been about a year at least since i saw the post ! But some guy was looking for some cheap place where he could just buy the joint's and he was saying that Polaris and about all the manufacturer's would only sell them as a whole assemblies; and some lady mentioned this guy called thecvguy and that the guy rebuild's all brand's , make and model's cheaper than most dealer's charged for the price of the cv boot's and band's ; i don't remember when i saw it but when she answered the post someone else posted another site he stayed on and that he also sold on ebay with the user name the cv guy ! I don't remember if the name was altogether thecvguy or spaced the cv guy , but it's worth a look you might do a search for him posting as the thecvguy on the forum or try on ebay ; it was a good bit cheaper buying the assemblies from him and i think she said you send him your old one's like auto parts stores charge a core fee ! Anyway it worth a shot on ebay just check feedback if you go with ebay and use paypal as payment that way you're insured againt con artist's , that's the only way i buy anything from ebay ; i hope this is of some help to you and you find them cheap let us know what you find so anyone else who need's them will know were to go for the best price ! ........

Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Range Rover

Hey Guys! Yes, I'm still hear. It's "thecvman" not "thecvguy" but I do like that one and I may use it elsewhere. I've just been a little backed up cleaning up things from the busy summer and haven't been able to hang out much lately. I do appreciate all of your support and I'm always here to lend a hand. Anyone that know me or has dealt with me can tell you that I can help and save you big $. Checkout the link listed above (it's one of mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Or just search for the cv man and I'm sure I'll pop up on most search engines. Keep it cool, Dan the cvman

Old 11-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey thank's Dan " thecvman " for seeing the post , i didn't know for sure your user name i'm just lucky you saw the post ; and i'm going to save this to my documents with a personal folder so i can remember it and to play it safe i'm going to write it in my personal day planer i carry with me all the time in case i accidently loose it from my pc i've lost alot of good info from my pc when my brother has used my pc and made me have to refomatt my pc ; i don't want to loose or forget your username and i also have a backup hard drive i'll save it on the external drive also ! I don't need anything right now because my 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS 4x4 has just under 300 mile's so far but they will go bad sooner or later ! And i have alot of friend's who have older model's that will need them also hopefully sooner than i do , but thank's again for catching the post ; and sooner or later someone's going need your work and i want to be prepaired the next have a good day you'll be needed and i will tell them about you ! .................

Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Range Rover

Great! You may still need boots for that late model Cat of yours, Don't worry we've got you covered. I hope to hear from you in the future. Thanks, Danny

Old 11-01-2007, 02:55 PM
TIC
Pro Rider

thanks all, I will be giving this info to my buddy Jerry