Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007 | 11:37 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default HELP!!!

i have a 2004.5 polaris sportsman 500 ho peiice of JUNK!!! it had the e.c.m.u change on a recall that i didnt even get a leter from polaris! and it hasnt been right since!!! it coughts spits sputters then quits its not a carboration problem adn the wrench on the pod is flashing and the fuel gage has disapered. i have lost all faith in polaris and think they should shut there doors i dont know how to fix it.

Old 11-25-2007 | 11:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELP!!!

sounds like you still have a bad e.c.m if it still runs like crap after the fix why not take it back and complain to the dealer about it. i think your going overboard on hoping polaris closes there dooers.

hoyt

Old 11-25-2007 | 01:01 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default HELP!!!

Seems like If Polaris has something right they will change it around untill it,s wrong. What is a e.c.m ? Did Polaris always have them or is it just on the newer ATVs?
Two other dumb changes are.

1)The Digital Speedo has to operated to have AWD! On the older analog speedos it could be smashed off in a roll over and it made no difference in the operation of the ATV.

2) Now I read you have to have a healthy battery for the ATV to run! I rode 2 months with a dead battery ,because I was to lazy to bother with changing it, the bike started with one pull. Now a dead battery means no riding today?

A flashing wrench to tell you its time to maintain you ATV? Give me a break Polaris.

Old 11-25-2007 | 02:01 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default HELP!!!

emc=electronic modual control which controls just about everything in the newer polaris wheelers. it has to do w/ the lights,awd,vlotage charging, firing and runnaibly of this bike. just ask caper as he has put 2 or them in his 06' 450. we all seem to forget just how many of these bikes polaris has sold just in the 500 model and we hear about the hand full of the bad ones. now im not saying by any means that it doesnt suck when its our bike that fails like in this case but all in all thyere a pretty damn good bike just my own opinion.

Old 11-25-2007 | 02:25 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default HELP!!!

What I,m saying is if at "one time" Polaris had a way of making a ATv run without this emc than why add it if it,s a potential weak link? Just like why get the speedo involved with the operation of the AWD when at "one time" it was not,on a roll over that pod/ speedo is likely to be the first to go.

Our 97 needs no Speedo to have AWD(smashed off the pod once) but the 2001 does,yet the AWD works no better between the two.

Old 11-25-2007 | 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default HELP!!!

I don't know it's not just Polaris but all brand's or doing the same , it seem's like they won't be satified untill everyything is controled by computer's ; my thinking is they want to make them like some of the Automobile's are made today !

And they won't be happy untill car's and now atv's are going to tell when you need to take a leak , is it just me or am i onto something here ?
I'd like the old anolog display or none at all , just something else you need the have a masters degree in electronics to work on your own machines these day's !

And it's getting worse every year there's something added , and if you're not rich then don't even think about buying ; my 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Auto has the fuel bar's to tell you how much gas is in the tank !

Does it work's? No it hasn't worked right from day one , and i've heard many members ask if their fuel gauge work right ; and a few have taken theirs in for new replacement covered under warrantee !

Only to come back and repost that their fuel gauge still doesn't work right , when i want to know how much fuel i have in my tank ; i just remove the gas cap and look inside as i'm shaking the quad this work's better than the fuel gauge !

All these fancy features would be nice if they worked right , but i would rather give all this back to AC and get a discount on the price of all this digital stuff and give me the old oil light , temp. light and green for newtral !
Like the 93' Suzuki LTF4WD 300 KQ had a fuel gauge you just had to screw off the gas cap and there was this long peice of rubber kind of like an oil dipstick with marks just attached to the center of the gas cap to tell you how low on fuel you are ?
I've thought of making my own with rubber or a stick of wood to use to measure the fuel in the tank , i would rather get a discount than something that doesn't work ; and cost so much to replace if it get's broken !

Or better yet just give me a good GPS to help me not getting lost out in the wildeness , because i don't have that homing (pigeon instinct) i know i didn't spell the words right but everyone who knows what a GPS is will get it ; take me out on a snipe hunt at night on 100 acre's of wood and it will take take blood hound's to find me !

My Dad and some of my brother's could be taken mile's from a paved road and he would be back at the car waiting on whoever took them out in the middle of nowhere , and they would say ; what took you so long ?

I've always wanted one of those device's , but they're so expensive ; i couldn't ever afford one ! ..................

Old 11-25-2007 | 03:17 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Default HELP!!!

Its like cell phones. Why do I need a tv, camera, text, and music in my phone?

Getting too complicated to be fun anymore.

With Polaris, its an example of being out of touch with what the educated/knowlegeable consumer wants. Simplicity!! New buyers demand bells and whistles, lots of fluff (whether it works or not). Engineers like to flex their imagination and this is what we get.

Old 11-25-2007 | 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HELP!!!

i have an 04 too and i have not had any problems at all.

Old 11-25-2007 | 06:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default HELP!!!

if its an 04 and not an 04.5 i dont think you even have the emc. they did have a selected recall(if you had the right vin#) on the ecm's.

Old 11-25-2007 | 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default HELP!!!

im not sure if mine is a late or early model....it did have the new gauges though