Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Good Riding Weather??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Riding Weather??

well it is about time we got some real snow here in western new york!! felt like such a dork plowing the 1" of snow yesterday in my driveway but i had the itch and waited for the neighbors to start shoveling..... now the forecast looks awesome, snow all week and it's coming down good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] so bring it on mother nature!! ps. i plowed in 2wd LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I can't wait till I can ride in the snow!

R'

Old 12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I feel for you..really I do. I used to live in western NY myself. My hometown was Perry, NY. I moved to the south over 20 years ago (I still have some family up there though) and I miss the snow something terrible. How about posting a couple of pics of the rig in the snow for us down here??

Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Range Rover

here in the syracuse area, i plowed twice so far, and it hassnt stopped snowing since noon today...

I took my jeep and the quad out in it, i love this stuff... but the jeep definitely was warmer...

more all week long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

i will have to take some pictures tonight when i get out of work... i live in ellicottville so alot of people are happy so snow... i have a 06 hawkeye 4x4, got a smoking deal this spring on it leftover with a warn winch and glacier plow i just had to buy it... the little 300 has plenty of low end grunt for pushing
R' be patient grass hopper, dont force it feel it, you will know when the time is upon us ... lol
Cypher nice to see another turkey hunter .... it has been a long time coming for the turkey hunters to get the recognition that the big game hunters recieve no to say i dont hunt big game..... blah blah blah ahhhhhhhhhh need more coffee..........
shorse have you ever been down to Majestic Trails in Rew Pennsylvania??? awesome trails man plus theyre open all winter... over 40 miles of trails.... hit me up with a pm sometime if you think you might venture this way with your quad loaded and ready to go ...

Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

I went to school in Chittenango, N.Y. shorse, not too far from you, when we moved away at the end of May that year there was still snow on the ground. Actually it snowed in May that year too. But I guess Buffalo is hard to beat if you live in N.Y. I should be getting the rest of the RIGHT equipment for my plow this week sometime. Got the right mount for the wrong blade and then got the right blade and the wrong mount. So I should have the right blade and the right mount soon. Suppose to snow tonight here.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Range Rover

We had a 4' drift on our hill this morning... i learned what the quad can and cant go through fairly quickly...

i drove it right through the drift... the snow went way above the "hood" and came back on over top of me... but the 500 went and chugged right through it... i couldnt believe it... Even up at 30* hill in 3-4 foot powder.... AWD and the big lugs on the stock tires that came with it are amazing...

This thing is a beast in the snow... i have yet to get it stuck and we've got a bit of snow already... i love this thing... the snowmobiles havent even had a chance to come out... the quad is just to much fun...

supposed to get 4 more inches and that'd be a little over a foot w/o drifts....

god, i love winter!

Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

with the snow slowing down tonight we have about 12" total.... plowing has been a blast but you know in a few months you will probably hear how everyone is sick of the white stuff... took a ride on some old logging trails close to home with my cousin he has a honda rincon 650... drifts are real close to 5' deep.... just hope we can keep the trails down enough to keep riding all winter.... no pictures yet just to dark when i get home from work... this is the first 4x4 i have owned and i dont see how i lived without one... oh yeah the honda guys gave me crap at first about the polaris but i tell ya what they are thinking twice about their 3 wheel drive lol.....
shorse how did you guys make out?? was lake ontario good to the boys further north?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we got about 16" on snow out of that storm he in maine. looks like an old fashion winter maybe.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Range Rover

at my house (near fulton, oswego) we got only 10".... 10 minutes away where my dad was working, they got over 1.5 feet...

the 10" today makes for about a 14" total... VERY fun to drive in...

you just cant beat the snow coming over the top of the quad as you drive through a 4' tall drift... too much fun...

Quick Reply: Good Riding Weather??