Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Question about tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007 | 07:31 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Question about tires

I bought 28inch mudzillas for 07 polaris 800

Now my dealer says these tires are horrible on the quad and will wear out everything. And that if anything does go wrong the warranty will be void.

What do you guys think?

Old 12-06-2007 | 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

The way polaris is about their warranties, I bet they would use to void the warranty:if you break anything put the old tires back on.

Old 12-06-2007 | 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, if you put polaris tracks on a polaris atv it voids the warranty if you read the prouduct information.

Old 12-07-2007 | 04:13 PM
|
Range Rover

Thats retarded.

Old 12-07-2007 | 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

i take my lift and tires off before my dealer evens knows i am comeing his way..i have a 5yr warrenty so this gets done 3-4 times a year..its alot of work ,,but thay cant bounce my claim or give me any greif!! now if you put different tires on your car the warrenty is not void ...what the heck!!

Old 12-07-2007 | 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: onesavage

now if you put different tires on your car the warrenty is not void ...what the heck!!</end quote></div>

If you put the same size it doesn't effect the warranty but larger tires void the warranty on any vehicle!

Old 12-08-2007 | 06:11 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2blue

I bought 28inch mudzillas for 07 polaris 800

Now my dealer says these tires are horrible on the quad and will wear out everything. And that if anything does go wrong the warranty will be void.

What do you guys think?</end quote></div>

its possiable to wear parts alot faster w/ the big tires on it for sure and yes they consider that abuse and will not cover it. just take the tires off if you go back to the dealer ship and if you have a lift kit in that would come off as well or they wont cover it. it boils down to the dealer really.

Old 12-08-2007 | 07:37 AM
Pro Rider

The warrantee part really sucks. I regret purchasing the Polaris extended warrantee due to these same concerns. My sales guy even told me too just take the suff off before coming to the dealer. That part blows. I would not buy the extended warrantee again and just wait out the manufacturing warrantee before the heavy mods.
I would put those tires on. They look really cool. Just take them off when you need to.

PS How did the new primary spring work out for you?

Old 12-08-2007 | 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

i have worked at a dodge dealer for over 10 years,,we have NEVER voided a warenty for tires or liftes..we have people running 38"s on there trucks and we STIIL cover the frt end and transmissions<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: onesavage

now if you put different tires on your car the warrenty is not void ...what the heck!!</end quote></div>

If you put the same size it doesn't effect the warranty but larger tires void the warranty on any vehicle!</end quote></div>

Old 12-08-2007 | 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHA!!!

Quick Reply: Question about tires