Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

QUICK .... IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUICK .... IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ????

Scott,

You must be very close to the ocean or a large body of water, this email stinks like fish ???

Go to hell with your scam you piece of ****.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:39:51 -0800
Subject: Re: Polaris
To: aahhyes68@XxxxxxxXxxxx.com

Hello,
Sorry for taking so long getting back to you. My name is Scott and I am glad you are interested in my 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV listed on Craigslist. It has a 500cc engine with only 547 miles and 87.5 hours. The VIN# is: 4XACH50A14B234967. The quad was rarely ever used and is in great shape, like new, clear title, no scratches, no need for additional repairs what so ever, no engine problems. I will include all receipts/paperwork along with the quad.

I want to let you know all the details of the transaction from the beginning to make everything clear.

Since I'm very busy, traveling a lot with business, I have chosen the eBay Shipping Center program to take care of all the proceedings, so the quad is right now in their possession in a warehouse in San Jose, CA from where it will be shipped by eBay as I had to go abroad for a business seminar and I deposited it there to do this deal in the meantime. Beside shipping the quad eBay will act as the middle man - holding the payment until you receive and inspect the quad. You will have a 3 days inspection period.
I paid all their fees, the total price is $2,820 (including all the shipping costs). The transaction will be backed by their program. Please note that the quad was listed on Craigslist.com and not eBay! I am just using the eBay protection program offered by eBay.

Now, if are serious and want to close this deal email me back with your name and shipping address and I will provide them to eBay, in order to the secure transaction over eBay.

Sincerely,
Scott Johnston

Steven Bxxxxxx <aahhyes68@XxxxxxXXxxx.com> wrote:
Hello Scott,

I am interested in looking at your Polaris, a 500 is what I'm in the market for. Please contact me @ xxx-xxx-xxxx when you get a chance. Are you in the SE MI area ?

Thank you,

Steve Bxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

I TOLD YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy CRAP - you should report this !$@#$!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

e bay protection program???????............?????????............... Caper........

Old 12-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

The Scam: Where's The Warehouse?

Scenario:
Bidder receives an email claiming the widget won is in the eBay warehouse, ready for shipment to the bidder. All the bidder has to do is send money and identification information to the sender of the email. Sender claims the transaction is fully protected by eBay, Trust & Safety, Square Trade or some other guaranteeing organization. Sometimes, the bidder is told that he/she will have up to 30 days after payment to inspect the widget, and there is a full money-back guarantee.
Bidder sends money to the supposed seller.
The widget never arrives.

Protection:
eBay does not have a warehouse where sellers' items are stored. The abovementioned companies are not escrow organizations -- they do not guarantee shipment or satisfaction.

Also see the
Spoof eBay Email Encounter
Unsafe Safety Board scam
Fake Escrow Account
Phony escrow.com
and a multitude of other scams purporting to store items in the eBay warehouse.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

The Scam: Where's The Warehouse?

Scenario:
Bidder receives an email claiming the widget won is in the eBay warehouse, ready for shipment to the bidder. All the bidder has to do is send money and identification information to the sender of the email. Sender claims the transaction is fully protected by eBay, Trust & Safety, Square Trade or some other guaranteeing organization. Sometimes, the bidder is told that he/she will have up to 30 days after payment to inspect the widget, and there is a full money-back guarantee.
Bidder sends money to the supposed seller.
The widget never arrives.

Protection:
eBay does not have a warehouse where sellers' items are stored. The abovementioned companies are not escrow organizations -- they do not guarantee shipment or satisfaction.

Also see the
Spoof eBay Email Encounter
Unsafe Safety Board scam
Fake Escrow Account
Phony escrow.com
and a multitude of other scams purporting to store items in the eBay warehouse.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

if it looks to good to be true...

Old 12-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

I thought I found a great deal, but the person was in Germany and required a deposit to have the ATV shipped to me. The ATV was listed on eBay and Auto Trader and I thought that it could not be a scam. It was.....

Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

Shucks! I own this very same wheeler and bought it new for $6K. With all those goodies and mileage that's a pretty fair price. Good thing you looked into it though and found it to be a scam. I have 467 miles on mine (almost mint) and just put a plow and winch on it this past weekend. Great machine!

Sorry it's not for sale.

~C

Old 12-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

Get this. I place a wanted ad for a trailer for our ATV's and I get this response. What do you think a scam?

You can respond to europeselling1@aol.com by replying to this email
We have for sale 500cc ATV , shipping is free , price is 350 USD and we make deliveryes till friday.
If you are interested please contact us .
Regards

Old 12-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

Most definitely and a pretty bad one I might add.

Quick Reply: QUICK .... IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ????