Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier Plow System - need help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007 | 02:42 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Glacier Plow System - need help!

BINGO... my hole is off about the same amount. I need to weld together a new winch mount tomorrow and then I'll be set to try again. Hopefully this mount will help. It going to be a universal mount so I can mount the winch in front or the back. I will be extending the winch outward a few inches so the winch line won't rub the bumper and this will allow a higher blade lift. It might even be the solution to my hole alignment.

Expecting a big snow storm starting Saturday night through Monday morning. Hope this comes together!

Old 12-14-2007 | 02:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I purchaed an 07 Sportsman with a Glacier Plow system last month. I have to tell you the new plow system is so simple. The only reason I need to get off the machine when putting on the plow is to hook the winch. To take off, I remove the winch and pull on a cable and the plow is off. So simple. Who ever thought of this hookup is a genius. We got about 10 inches of snow here in Upstate NY yesterday and expecting a Doozy of a storm this weekend. I never thought snow removal could be so much fun. No more snow blower / shovel. Looking forward to this weekends storm.

Old 12-14-2007 | 03:01 PM
Trailblazer

Love to see some pictures. During the build and after.

Old 12-14-2007 | 04:01 PM
|
Trailblazer

I'm from upstate NY as well and we got 7 inches of snow in my area. I need to get this plow hooked up before the big storm! I never had a plow on my ATV before. I hope it works like everyone says it will. I have a long dirt driveway and a snowblower just doesn't cut it.

I'll try and remember to take pictures while building my winch mount and post them for you all. I think I've come up with something interesting.

Old 12-14-2007 | 05:55 PM
Range Rover

The plow on the ATV works great. I can't wait for it to snow this year, maybe Saturday. Seems like we're all going to get some white stuff on the weekend.

Old 12-17-2007 | 11:40 AM
|
Trailblazer

Just over the weekend we received just under 15 inches of white stuff in upstate NY! I had my ATV and plow system working overtime. This setup is awesome! Yeah I still need the snowblower to do clean ups and small paths, but that's small stuff. My wife is happy because she on time for work and I'm happy because I get to play!

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:22 PM
|
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2007 | 01:08 PM
Range Rover

We got about 12" of snow, a record for the day in our area. I was busy too, plowing driveways in the area, made a couple bucks.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]