Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where's the Breaker?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the Breaker?

My 05 Polaris Magnum 330 4X4 has no lights, no ignition, no solenoid click etc. The battery is fine (raises my plow). But the bike itself is dead. The parts list identifies a 20 Amp circuit breaker in the wire harness with the tail light. I was told it's in a little black pouch by the left hand frame under the seat near the starter solenoid. Three of us have looked and can't find it. Any know for sure where it is? Appreciate any help.

Thanks
dak695

Old 12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

I believe that one has the circuit breakers located inside the ecm's. Non serviceable and if they have an issue can do what you are experiencing.

Do you have a link to the diagram you looked at that showed the breaker? I can't find it on the Poalris parts program here. It shows a picture of a harness with the breaker in it, but no part number.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

are you sure about the year? The 04 has the breaker in the harness, the 05 is in the module

Old 12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the assist. Couldn't send a link for I rechecked my registration and it a 05 Magnum 330 4X4. The parts drawing at Polarisindustries.com is C4 reference #2, part number 2200593.

I can't believe they would hide something as important as a main breaker!

What kind a horse you riding? If got a stock 02 Electra glide Classic.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I use the polaris dealers page and I still don't see what you are talking about. I know what you are talking about but the dealer page must be different from the public page. Ive seen them mess up diagrams for parts, tech manuals, owners manuals etc. before and have a hunch thats what has happened here.

OK I went and registered at the public page and it's different than the dealer page. I have an idea why also. Not sure though. Anyway. The dealer page shows that component but doesn't list a number for it. I honestly don't think your bike has it. I wish I had one in the shop to look at but I don't.

Number 23 on the public page has circuit breakers in it and I bet that is your problem. I would assume polaris used the same wiring harness picture off an older model parts diagram and put it on the 05 diagram but it is incorrect.

IF the breaker was on your machine it would probably be located were the line from number 12 intersects with the frame. Thats where most of them are(that have it) Check again but I bet it's an error on their diagram.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dak605

What kind a horse you riding? If got a stock 02 Electra glide Classic.</end quote></div>

Forgot this part! ooops!

1994 FLSTN. Heritage softail nostalgia. I've been told only 400 were made. Absolutely love it. Life doesn't start till 60 MPH!!!! Haven't done a lot to it, cam, carb work, exhaust, etc. Runs pretty good. Bring on the Ninja's(yeah, whatever!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Old 12-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Heritage Softail was the one I wanted to get. I opted for the Electraglide in the hope my wife would ride with me more often. In the 30 years before I got the Harley she probably only rode three times. With the security and comfort of the Glide she's probably gone out six times. That's an improvement but I want it to get better. If not my next Harley will be the Heritage Softail.

Back to my insanity. Everyone seems to have different drawings. The drawing for the 05 shows a different location for the circuit breaker for the 2 wheel drive than for the 4 wheel drive. 2 wheel shows the breaker by the frame near the solenoid. The 4X4's is apparently located closer to the ignition switch. It's too hard to believe that there is no replaceable or resettable over protection device to protect the ECM. So I went to a dealer today and his drawing for the 05 didn't show a breaker but identified a fusible link (same general vicinity as the breaker in the 4X4 drawing). OK now that's three different scenarios. I went back on line and looked up a 06 Magnum 4X4 and found the fusible link. Maybe I have an 05 1/2 if there is such a thing or as you said the drawings could be wrong. However, the fusible link is not readily visible either, so I am going to start at the ignition switch and keep cutting the wire ties until I find that damned link. Let you know what I find.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like you got to start tracing wires to find where the power stops and starts to find that thing w/ a power meter.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dak605

Heritage Softail was the one I wanted to get. I opted for the Electraglide in the hope my wife would ride with me more often. In the 30 years before I got the Harley she probably only rode three times. With the security and comfort of the Glide she's probably gone out six times. That's an improvement but I want it to get better. If not my next Harley will be the Heritage Softail.

Back to my insanity. Everyone seems to have different drawings. The drawing for the 05 shows a different location for the circuit breaker for the 2 wheel drive than for the 4 wheel drive. 2 wheel shows the breaker by the frame near the solenoid. The 4X4's is apparently located closer to the ignition switch. It's too hard to believe that there is no replaceable or resettable over protection device to protect the ECM. So I went to a dealer today and his drawing for the 05 didn't show a breaker but identified a fusible link (same general vicinity as the breaker in the 4X4 drawing). OK now that's three different scenarios. I went back on line and looked up a 06 Magnum 4X4 and found the fusible link. Maybe I have an 05 1/2 if there is such a thing or as you said the drawings could be wrong. However, the fusible link is not readily visible either, so I am going to start at the ignition switch and keep cutting the wire ties until I find that damned link. Let you know what I find.</end quote></div>

Send me your vin in a PM and I'll tell you exactly what year, model it is if you want. I can see if it has a bulletins as well. I'm still opting for the ecm but check it outt first before spending the money on one.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

I had a customer bring in an 05 330 today. It doesn't have the circuit breaker close to the battery that is showed in the parts diagram. I had a hunch the diagram was wrong. I'm betting your ecm is taco'd!