Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking about getting a Scramble

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a Scramble

Sorry for asking questions on your topic TrailblaznSonny but I figured that the more questions asked the more it would help both of us.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Just because its new doesn't justify that cost! There was alot of upgrades on the scrammy as far as shocks and motor and ride comfort. You should be able to get an 07 for a little over 5000. I think you are better off spending $3200-$3600 for one that is 2-3 years old or trade in you TB for an 07-08. I believe there was little changes from 04 till now.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

Is that $4200 out of the door?? In MN, with tax, title, license you will be paying $4600-$4700 for that machine. Take resale into consideration. Once you drive that off your Uncle's showroom floor, it is used. How much does a used 2001 Scrambler go for??

Why is he having such a tough time selling this ATV?? I have seen dealers have machines that are 1-2 years old, but not 7.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

If it's 7 years old, I would be a little worried about all the rubber components being dry-rotted. Carb boots, tires, etc.... Something else to think about.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

if its brand new id say go for it. full warranty? thats good. besides 01-03 are probably the best years of scrammys anyways. long travel rear fox shock and chassis grease zerks are just a few good reasons to buy it.

just buy it and get out and ride. your gonna love it.

X

Old 01-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

That's out the door, and the reason that he is having trouble selling it is because he closed his store down, and uses it for his farm equipment. Polaris is allowing him to do the work on it because he has kept some kind of agreement with them which allows him to service the machines that he has sold untill he sells all of the remaining invetory. After that happens the next closest dealer gets the warrenty work.

And it does have the Fox shock, and all of the rubber pieces are still good as far as i could tell. Plus nothing like that has gone out on the Sportsman (knock on wood) and it's 14 years old now.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

That's out the door, and the reason that he is having trouble selling it is because he closed his store down, and uses it for his farm equipment. Polaris is allowing him to do the work on it because he has kept some kind of agreement with them which allows him to service the machines that he has sold untill he sells all of the remaining invetory. After that happens the next closest dealer gets the warrenty work.

And it does have the Fox shock, and all of the rubber pieces are still good as far as i could tell. Plus nothing like that has gone out on the Sportsman (knock on wood) and it's 14 years old now.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

Let us know how the first ride goes.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm jumping in on this thread a little late, however; what's there to think about other than buying one??!! I bought mine new back in May 07' and absoluttely love it. Pleny of power for me with the 500 HO motor. The On-Demand AWD is great for all the trail-riding i'll do throughout the year. My brother bought one new back in 01' and i've wanted one ever since. I had to wait (6 years) before I could get my hands on my own. I don't see how you could be disappointed if you get one yourself.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

Bought my srammy new in 03 and it is still going strong. great bike. I have the winch kit that they made for it and it has been put to good use...mostly pulling out my buddies that weren't able to follow! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Scramble