Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Todays Ride Photos - Check out the Big Buck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Todays Ride Photos - Check out the Big Buck!!!

Sure, shoot Bambi's father, then what would disney do for re runs, HUH?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

ever been to disney? I have............bambi isn't real

BUT HER FATHER IS!!!! kill it n' grill it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

seriously though...............once again....AWESOME pictures

Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Range Rover

How deep is the pack under you?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

yeah mongrol awesome pictures.... and brutus would kill anything (even bambi) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] just kidding... but i did hear that bambi's dad had a bad attitude... i guess the thing that bothers me the most about hunting is that we (the country boys) watch the doe's bring up the fawns all spring/summer/fall.... understanding nature is the only way you can preserve it... during archery season those little guys walk right under the stand not knowing your even there... the regular season starts and get all the dumb @$$es from buffalo (not saying you brutus... you probably have the same problem) that will shoot at anything that moves so they can drink there beer and tell stories... now im not trying to say all city hunters are this way... but alot of them are

Old 02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Know what you are saying Gunnsmoke. I was bowhunting in Vermont and I had been sitting at a ground level stand for almost 2 hours before sunset. At about 15 minutes before sunset an idiot walked into the field. I said, "Hey". He almost drew on me. I told him we already had 3 guys around this potato field and he still went in. I heard some deer coming up from a blind spot below me and one of my buddies later said (from across the field, out of his range) 4 does, a fawn and a big buck were in a line coming right for me. Guess who came out of the woods 15 minutes after going in... ARRRGGH. The deer would have past within 10 yards of me. I almost drew on him. I wish people who don't know how to hunt or act as you stated would do us all a favor and STAY HOME. I've had at least a half dozen good opportunities get ruined by someone's idiocy. Mongrol, I trailed two does for what seemed like 20 miles (probably only 2) with a bow. There was a nice fresh 6 inches of snow on the ground. I'd come up slowly over little ridges to see them staring back along their trail. They'd let me creep within 60 yards (I won't shoot a bow outside of 30) and trot off again. I finally called it quits around sunset and told them, "good night ladies". I have nothing but respect for deer. By far, whitetail deer have been the biggest challenge I've ever had hunting.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2blue

How deep is the pack under you?</end quote></div>

Snow in these pics is crotch deep and wet. So close to 3'.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

The comments from Gunsmoke & Moosehenden are well taken and partially why I quit hunting. Its seems to have become a release for testosteron and stupidity with the "beer & male bonding". Had a guy I know killed by a city hunter taking a "sound shot" (heard something and shot in that direction".