Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How seamless is the AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How seamless is the AWD?

Also remember if you are doing you own maintaince on your quad..........Carb may be better for you.................I myself stayed away from E.F.I. for this reason........I don't like getting into repairs on my own with E.F.I. models Sleds or ATV's............Other than that E.F.I. is great!!!......Caper..........

Old 02-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Blacksheep5

the Deluxe comes with ADC, winch, aluminum rims, PXT Tires and a rear rack extender. I think its worth it</end quote></div>

Also has the bulbs and switch installed for the rear work lights ....Correct?........I know you can still put them in on the non-deluxe models.........But I was told they come with the deluxe!!....Caper.........</end quote></div>

yes the deluxe comes with the work lights, I forgot about them.

and i got the EFI because where I live and ride, we can go from 3000 feet to 7000 feet within a few minutes.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I agree ,E.F.I. is great for that!!!..........

I plan on keeping my two Sp 450's for a long time....So I will need to work on the carbs sooner or later!!
If you the type of person that will buy a new Quad every few years........Than E.F.I. would be the way to go......due to the fact you would never need to service them yourself!.......Caper........

Old 02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Range Rover

I highly recommend the 500 EFI AWD with ADC without reservation. My 500 X2 Deluxe has exceeded my expectations.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

i have a SP 500 HO EFI deluxe model...

the winch is very handy, ADC is awesome, the rear rack gets used constantly ( shovel bungie-corded to it) and this quad will go through anything with those tires.... i love it. it has allot of torque and goes through anything i through at it.... when you try and get it stuck to use the winch for the first time, it is easy, through AWD off and floor it.... after a while you will stop moving.... either winch out, or throw it in AWD and drive out.... depends on if you like winching...

i love my quad, the AWD system is great for those who go on trails where there is a mile of packed dirt, then a mud hole, and then more packed dirt.... put it in AWD when you leave the house, and off when you get home... no worries about turning with it on, as it i part time and seamlesly engauges....

however... with mine, when in 2x4 and you floor it in the mud, the AWD system clicked in for a split seccond, and then i stoped and put it in awd... pulled me right out...
I think it had to do with the rear wheels spiing so much faster then the fronts... hope that is normal....

i love it and you will to go polaris!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Pro Rider

If I pay attention I can feel the AWD kick in. It doesn't have any adverse effect when it does. Just something that if you're really paying attention you can feel when it kicks in. It really is pretty much seamless and works extremely well.

As for ADC I wouldn't have bought a new Polaris without it. I despised their older engine braking system and found it to be downright dangerous. The new ADC has remedied that issue completely. It is probably the best engine braking out there along with the engine braking on the Outlander.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Range Rover

I have a 2007 500 EFI HO Delux and I am really happy with it. Over 2400 miles on it. I did have to have the front diff replaced but that was an issue with the fluids being listed wrong in the manual. It was replaced at thier cost and not mine. The ADC is great. The newer models and the X2 can have the ADC turned off which would be nice at times. I used to be a Kawi guy (300 Pr, 650 pr, and 750 BF). Couldn't be happier that I made the switch. The Sportsmans ride is smooth, 4wd is smooth and you just don't have to worry about it, and the ADC is the best all wheel braking system that I have had by far.