Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RMS Moose Plow won't turn all the way w/brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RMS Moose Plow won't turn all the way w/brush guard

I ordered the Moose County Plow in November. Mount out of stock. Several weeks later received catalog, revised order to more-easily-mounted RMS, also out of stock. Finally received all pieces in late February. Plow not very well packaged, paint skinned on vertical struts during shipping.

Directions with each piece, but not consistent, particularly as to mounting the two big springs. After trying several possibilities and then a conversation with a Moose rep, I managed to mount them the recommended way, although I had to stretch the springs to do so, not an easy endeavor.

Received an inch of snow and thought I'd try it out. Discovered that plow swiveled all the way to either side hits Polaris brush guard when raised. Decided that's no big deal, I'll just use it half way swiveled.

Swivel lock assembly not right, pin didn't go far enough into lock, no adjustment. Hit crack and bent up assembly plate. Called Moose, they acknowledged problem, promptly sent improved replacement, which I installed.

Bottom line: Looks like it will work, but can't really tell how well unless and until it snows again here, perhaps next year. Would I buy it again? Yes, at this point.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

i have had 3 going on 4 years of abuse out of my cycle country and would recomed to anybody who wants a strong maninance free easy to use plow...my 2 cents!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

I remove my brush guard for plowing, but only because the it gets in the way of the winch rope.