Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Clutches for 700

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 10:54 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Clutches for 700

i have to ask this but are asking real questions or speaking from experince when your bragging up the heel clicker clutch kit? you seem to me as you doubt that im telling the truth on my opinion of the h/c. as i have stated in many of post that IN MY OPINION the heel clicker isnt worth the cost and time it takes to dial in their product. not everyone on this forum(no disrespect intended) has the knowledge or the mechanical know how to do alot of fining tuning, so i dont think its a good all round kit. now i sold my kit to scrammytodd and he loves it and still uses it. my self i dont reccommend it and wont. as far as the dalton products goes is they dont sell you parts you dont need less making it alot easier to use.

Old 03-12-2008 | 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Clutches for 700

My 1st HC was in my 500 X2 and although I didn't gain much in performance I did gain a lot tighter belt grab and I'm able to use high range much more than stock! Just install the kit with recomended settings if you don't want/like to tinker!

I also have a HSP kit in my Scrambler and it made more of a performance gain with more aggressive helix but at the cost of more belt slip!

So what does the Dalton kit without helix do that HC didn't???
The HC sells for $199 and Dalton for $239.
Same kit both with springs and weights?!?
I'm just asking what improvement you saw so I don't make another mistake.

ps I think you miss the whole point of the HC it is adjustable for differant conditions, you can add or subtract weight along with springs and helix to get any desired configuration you may need! What other kit can do this as easily?

The differance is in the weight design! it has a heel with weight and when it spins out applies much more belt grab. Whats not to like about that? Aren't Polaris known for going thru belts?

It would be like buying a preformance Holley carb and only getting recomended jet and not a jet kit to make it perfect for your set-up!

By moving some weights and springs around I can now outrun my buddies atv by a couple lenths to 50 mph and now my top speed is a couple mph faster and just slowy pull away from him. + tighter belt grab!
I think that's a very good return for $200. I won't tell him what I did either!

Old 03-12-2008 | 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutches for 700

RICKCJ7,,,what gives ,,you always seem to challange everybodys opions like yours is the only one worth listening to..its starting to get old,learn how to play with others..
your buddy,

good ole savage

Old 03-12-2008 | 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutches for 700

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: onesavage

RICKCJ7,,,what gives ,,you always seem to challange everybodys opions like yours is the only one worth listening to..its starting to get old,learn how to play with others..

your buddy,

good ole savage</end quote></div>

Yeah but you're right here with me! Everytime I mention HC. You guys are telling eveyone HC isn't any good.
Can either of you guys answer my questions? or do you have something personal against HC that I don't know about?

Old 03-12-2008 | 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutches for 700

AS I SAID BEFORE the h/c may be just fine on a twin and you want to tinker to fine tune..as a auto tech i do this $hit for 10hrs a day 6 days a week..the recomended setting did sqaut for me,maybe a lillte better belt grab but can i justicefy 200.00 for that NO..cob warned me of this ,but i still was cought up in the HEELCLICKER HYPE and just had to try it..i tried it ,wasted my hard earned $$$ and the entitles me to a opion just cuase YOU dont like it makes me wrong!!!..i know for a fact STENDORI went through great lenghts to TUNE the h/c with little or no results and i feel bad cause i recomened it to him in all the HYPE.. now running the kit for 500 or so miles i acutaly liked my stock set up better,guess YOUR gona tell me i am wrong again..my recomendations are in fact my findings after running this kit for all uses,mudding,plowing, trail rideing and river runs..I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST IT,JUST WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT ..

Old 03-13-2008 | 07:03 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Clutches for 700

I talked to Dalton yesterday and ordered an orange/blue spring for the 800 as they said it isn't necessary, but everyone that has installed it has noticed a difference and since it is only $30, you can't go wrong. I ordered a complete clutch kit for the 700. I contacted Dalton via email through their website and they were very quick and thorough in their response.

I don't mean to get in the middle of ya'lls Heel Clicker debate, but I think it is important to note that I am having the springs installed by my local dealer, not by myself, and suspect it could prove costly to continually adjust them. Also, I don't want to adjust them. I have done enough "adjusting" with the last 7 quads I have had over the years. Now that I am older (and wiser?) I have left the sportquad scene and am beginning to enjoy the 4wd scene (Although, I am finding it difficult to refrain from buying a turbo for my 800!).

Old 03-22-2008 | 02:17 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Clutches for 700

Got both bikes clutched yesterday. Took them out for a while. Noticed a little quicker grab on the 800. The 700 runs like a champ! Remarkable improvement. Pulls the front end right off the ground! Thanks for all the advice!

Old 03-22-2008 | 04:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default Clutches for 700

glad we could help firehog

Old 09-01-2008 | 04:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Clutches for 700"></title><script src=

Just doing some research and was wondering about the clutch kit you put in. I too would probably have a dealer put it in. Did you have a warranty on yours? If so, Did they still honor it? Is there an amount i can expect to pay at the dealer? I have a warranty and would hate to jeoparidize it. I just want to consider ererything. The 27" 589's w/ 14" rims and clutch kit or 26"ers w/ 12" rims? Thanks!

Old 09-01-2008 | 04:45 AM
Moto Psycho
Default Clutches for 700"></title><script src=

One time I talked to my dealer about putting a clutch kit in and they said they would charge me an hour of labor. I think the labor rate is $90/hour there.

Quick Reply: Clutches for 700