Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATTN HINDS MOTOR SPORTS! BAD BUSINESS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN HINDS MOTOR SPORTS! BAD BUSINESS!

Dont waste your money here. Customer service is terrible.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a very bad experience. I had a bad one too though not with Hinds. I also traded my bike in but not for full retail. If I had the money for a lawyer I would have fought it like you. Do you have the paperwork showing that it was taken in for the same problem and how long did you wait to take it in the first time you discovered the problem? Hopefully you took it in right away that way it shows that it was defective from the get go and not due to neglect or anything on your part. I would also try and find the other guys who had trouble with their bikes and all try and get new bikes. Its a shame that there are dealers out there like this. I had a great Polaris dealer close to home and they were awesome gave me disc. on parts and actually knew what they were talking about. Unfortunatelly they sold out to a large dealership and its been all downhill since. Luckily I found another shop that knows their stuff but its like 45 min. drive but I'll deal w/ it for the good service. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

That sucks man! I hope your lawyer sticks it to them!! Run them out of town!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

We are working on it like I said I filed complaints with the BBB and the attourney general and will be sending a certified letter to Polaris just as soon as I can get it typed up. I dont think Polaris is going to like one of their dealers trying to talk me out of buying a polaris and trying to talk me in to buying a brute force.

I will keep you up to date as to what is going on and how things turn out.

Kicker is I was planning on taking her 330 in and trading it in and buying a new 08 500 HO for her and 2 mini bikes for my youngest son and one for the oldest boy's cousin so he has some one his own age to ride with and not just dad and mom.

I am stil planning on doing it this week but you can bet your cookies another dealership is going to be getting my money from now on.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also want to add a thank you to the mod that placed this post in the right spot for me. I have to admit at the time of this original post I was still seeing red and was trying to get the word out as quickly as I could.

thanks again!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

From personal experience I will tell you that there is no lemon law with ATV's. Atleast not in New York. I still don't have more than maybe 600 miles on my atv and it has been in the shop 7 or 8 times. I do not hold my problems over the dealers head. If they knew that there was some problems going on then they should have said that upfront in your case. Sounds to me like they just wanted to turn a profit and expected Polaris to fix the problems that they most likely already knew were there. Polaris on the other hand is impossible to deal with. They know that there is problems with their equipment. They know that the gas tank gage on my 2005 Sportsman is faulty. They knew that the plastic CV boot guards on my atv were poorly designed also. They don't care. I heard every excuse in the book when I talked to them on the phone. I even talked to a manager. My dealer even stated that they are impossible to deal with. I am fortunate that I have an extended warranty through a third party. I'm on my third gas tank because the sensors don't work. I have to go back for a fourth. This stuff that you are going through and what I have been through, people see it. I will never buy another Polaris nor will I ever endorse them to my friends or fellow military members. Good luck. I hope you make out better than I did.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

You ran the atv for 6 months and then want to get all your cash back? yeah right! You wouldn't do it either if you were in Hinds shoes!
Should've got it fixed while under warranty, if Hinds couldn't fix it there are other dealers!
Sounds like a busted motor mount, that an easy cheap fix!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ridemhard

They know that there is problems with their equipment. They know that the gas tank gage on my 2005 Sportsman is faulty. They knew that the plastic CV boot guards on my atv were poorly designed also. They don't care. I heard every excuse in the book when I talked to them on the phone. I even talked to a manager. .</end quote></div>

Everyone knows the gas gauge is just for general idea of level and that they are not 100% accurate! The fuel tank shape is tapered and would be impossible to get an accurate reading.
Stick gaurds are just that stick guards if you are plowing thru brush, get something stronger.
What other brand is any differant? I don't think any atv should even have a warranty the way the get abused!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

The first time I took it back for this problem was 3 days after I picked it up 3 days!! I have taken it back several times since and they said it was a broken motor mount and had my quad for about 6 or 7 weeks, when I got it back same problem nothing had changed at all so I took it back again. They looked at it and said that is normal for polaris after having it another 2 weeks. The next time I got to ride it the problem was STILL there and once again it went back to hinds.

When I finally got fed up with it and told them I wanted out of it and into another machiny they wanted me to drop it off so they could fix it and get it resold.

How and why can they fix it when they think I am going to put another 4 grand into another quad but not when I had no intentions on trading it in and just wanted it fixed. How all of a sudden is there a problem that they can fix when they think I am going to give them more money for another machine.. Please they are just trying to rip another person off. I looked up their complaints with the BBB and the atourney general and there are pages of them. Most of the people I have met while riding that are from central ohio area none have anything good to say about the place NONE!

you are right after 6 months of dealing with this and getting the run around I am tired of it and I want a full refund for everything from the extended warrenty to all the after market parts that are on the machine nothing more nothing less.

It is going to another dealer this friday to be gone over.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7
Everyone knows the gas gauge is just for general idea of level and that they are not 100% accurate! The fuel tank shape is tapered and would be impossible to get an accurate reading.

Stick gaurds are just that stick guards if you are plowing thru brush, get something stronger.

What other brand is any differant? I don't think any atv should even have a warranty the way the get abused!</end quote></div>

I think they should have a warranty, but just for actual defects from the factory. Not the abuse that we put them through though.

Quick Reply: ATTN HINDS MOTOR SPORTS! BAD BUSINESS!