Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Kolpin Fuel Pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kolpin Fuel Pack

What make Quad do you have this installed on the racks?..........Caper.......

Old 03-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kolpin Fuel Pack

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

Is there any other company out there that make the flat one that fits on the whole front/rear rack??......................Caper...........I was intrested in one also but I have two SP 450's so maybe it will be just a waste of money...........Man with the price of GAS these days I sure glad I bought the 450's....................LOL......LOL....(that was directed to the 800 guys).....LOL.......J/K..Caper.......</end quote></div>

I have the old style mounted on my front rack with rack extension. I made a gaurd an d pop rivited it to the extension to protect the vent from being hit by limbs. You can mod the brackets a littl to mount right to the front lid and your pak will fit right in. It is snug but it works.
It sure is nice of uncle sam to protect us idiots by requiring ventless gas cans, even though they leak and pose an even bigger threat to us.
I have heard of people buying Briggs and Stratton ventless cans and useing that filler tube. But at the price these things cost they need to take care of the problem. Who wants to pay $70-$85 for a gas can that you need to go out and get another can to make it right?
You could always by two Jr packs and mount them one on top of the other also.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kolpin Fuel Pack

(HERE IS THE REAL DEAL)
The original Kolpin 3.5 is awsome no leaking problems at all. The Government stuck their nose into the design and did not like how the vent hung outside of the can and Kolpin had to redesign to the new design that (DOES) leak!

(OK) The Solution
If you have bought the new design Kolpin can, replace the top from a Briggs & Stratton 1.5 gallon can spout & cover problem solved.

Call Kolpin direct and they will replace the top for free for you with a new carb approved top that will not leak I was told.

I ended-up buying three new old style cans directly from Kolpin at $50 each. I asked for a deal. They have the brass vent wing nut that is on the outside of the can, we have used them for a couple of months now and they are perfect no problems. They are still for sale actually a little more money than the new replacement models? Look-up Kolpin and call them direct they are good People to deal with.

Garman

Old 03-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Kolpin Fuel Pack

Hey Caper,

I caught the 800 line, yea you are right about the 450's. Thats why I chose
to keep one....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

R'