Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

belt turning

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default belt turning

OK let me see if I can respond without affending anyone.

If your belt is turning it is rubbing on the primary sheave. Correct?

If you read the Polaris repair manual, the belt should have a few thousands clearance on each side. Correct?

Now if you have the clearance required, your belt will not be rubbing the sheaves. Correct?

If its not rubbing it will not be turning. Correct?

I know some of you guys don't believe me and want to call me names but this information is a fact.

If you follow any of my post you will see I'm insistant about things I know are correct, if I'm not sure I won't force the issue untill I am.
I'm in the process of researching the ADC sytem to finish a discussion between sheepdogMSP8117 and I.

I thought this was finished since wayout said his problem was caused by the belt turning!
What did I miss I thought I was correct?

Old 03-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

Here's what he thinks about the Polaris mechnics video!

I love it when these self proclaimed EXPERTS blow smoke like that, he don't have a clue as to what he is talking about. There is a belt to sheaves clearance guess what that is for? It is so that in neutral the sheaves can turn without engageing the belt. Without any contact with sheaves the belt will not turn and if it duz then there is another problem. You have any belt movement in NEUTRAL you won't beable to shift gears with out them clashing when you try to shift.

What scares you is guys like this is what you pay $80 an hour to work on your machine.

Watch Cob video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_HhKSY3Ro8

Old 03-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

man i am glad you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart.. i swear people like YOU lie i awake at night thinking of ways to **** people off..oh well ,my belt moves, other peoples doe the same thing and we/they have no creeping of shifting issues..thats just gota make you look for more to stuff to act soooooooooooooooooo smart about.. but dont get me wrong i love it when you keep looking like a$$..

its been a pleasure ,,i"ll stop back to listen to YOU babble and RANT some more

Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default belt turning

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7

Here's what he thinks about the Polaris mechnics video!

I love it when these self proclaimed EXPERTS blow smoke like that, he don't have a clue as to what he is talking about. There is a belt to sheaves clearance guess what that is for? It is so that in neutral the sheaves can turn without engageing the belt. Without any contact with sheaves the belt will not turn and if it duz then there is another problem. You have any belt movement in NEUTRAL you won't beable to shift gears with out them clashing when you try to shift.

What scares you is guys like this is what you pay $80 an hour to work on your machine.

Watch Cob video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_HhKSY3Ro8</end quote></div>

Now da'ts sum good gram-mar their! He must be write!

Sorry, but I find it difficult to believe someone that can't construct a simple sentence.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

lol..bump..bump

Old 03-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: onesavage

man i am glad you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart.. i swear people like YOU lie i awake at night thinking of ways to **** people off..oh well ,my belt moves, other peoples doe the same thing and we/they have no creeping of shifting issues..thats just gota make you look for more to stuff to act soooooooooooooooooo smart about.. but dont get me wrong i love it when you keep looking like a$$..

its been a pleasure ,,i"ll stop back to listen to YOU babble and RANT some more</end quote></div>

Who's the a$$..???

Originally posted by savageone:
everybody i contact about a more agressive helix wants to the the weight of the weights..i do not now squat about this but i have been told that a more agressive helix will help out from what i lost on my tires..i do not care about top end speed..thanks you
You bust on me about clutches over at atv conn. and come here to get your clutch answers!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default belt turning

Now I,m thinking what is the point of neutral anyways?

There is no such thing as neutral on snowmobiles, there in High gear or (If equipped) Low gear or reverse but never in neutral where you can rev them out and they can remain stationary.

No neutral would take care of any little grinding when putting the ATV in gear from neutral because the secondary would never be able to move without throttle being applied.

I let my sled idle without a making a wear spot on the belt and I never hear ,ever, grinding when I put it in forward from reverse or the other way a round.

What is the function of neutral on a CVT ATV if a CVT Sled never has a neutral?

Now this is just throwing out a idea,so easy on me, LOL.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

Well at least you're not calling me names!

You would want a nuetral or park to be able to start the engine and be able to fast idle and rev it, but you really shouldn't need both. I guess more gears sound better!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default belt turning

Good point,I guess the force needed to get a sled moving is so much greater than to get a ATV rolling, that a fast idle will still not budge a parked sled,but would send the ATV for the hills .LOL

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default belt turning

Wow the Polaris section!!!

This thread has been edited so much its ashame so I can't make heads or tails of this. If I see other attacks or name calling your shut off without warning.