Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default belt turning

[

Old 03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default belt turning

Nice find TLC.

Stendori, I've found your information to be very helpful and accurate since the day I joined up. There are many posts I've seen where you were the first one to reply and provided the correct answer or diagnosis.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

I'm with you sheepdog......Stendori has been very accurate with all his posts....I find him very informative....

John

Old 03-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TLC

In neutral the belts turns while idling,in gear it does not turn while idling.</end quote></div>

Whats that video show?

Check this video,
it's not turning when he lets off the throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...t9pCY&feature=related

I'm not trying to make anyone mad but if you make a statement make sure it is right and fact.

Yes the Ranger clutch does shall we say float some, but it could be adjusted better and would not turn at all.
My atv clutches do not move and can be shifted with 1 finger. How smooth are yours?

I'm not a Polaris mechanic but I am a mechanic and work on all cars/atvs/trucks etc........so yes I do know what I'm talking about.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

Uh, could it be the video you posted Rick the quad is in gear, not neutral. Since they aren't telling I'll have to go with the Polaris mechanic.
I too would like to say thanks Stendori, I always look for your response not because I think you have all the answers, but you share your experience without sounding like a no it all.
Rick, I'm new here but would not be staying if comments like "Aren't you the one telling everyone the HC doesn't work either, heck you don't even know how a clutch works!?!" were the norm. There is no need to attack others, not even with your double exclamation points. You know a whole lot more about quads than I, but your knowledge loses it's appeal when put in a condescending tone. JMHO

Old 03-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

The quad is in neutral or park so he could rev it up. Not in gear or he would be moving.

I only made my remarks after Stendori made his. He pretty much said I didn't know what I was talking about.

I'm not the kind who will sit back and let someone else make wrong/false statements and not say anything.

Wayout,
What did you find wrong?
Should your belt be spinning or not?
I'm getting accused of spouting out wrong info.

Reno82,
I made that remark because of another disagreement Stendori and I had.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

The quad could be in gear with the wheels raised, heck I did that with full size jeeps. They don't say, we can't know, so the video is useless for making a point about belt rotation while in gear or neutral.
The Polaris mechanic on TLC's posted video clearly says belt rotation in neutral is normal, in gear it does not move and will over heat if left like that.
I think this whole problem started with Stendori making a statement and you reponding with a "NO" contradicting his observation. Maybe if instead of yelling NO, you could have said "my experience shows that it should not turn, can someone clear this up" sometimes, hell all the time, it's how we say things as much as what we say. This is the problem with the internet. Since we aren't facing each other there is no way to judge the intent, we are left to how it is typed.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7

The quad is in neutral or park so he could rev it up. Not in gear or he would be moving.

I only made my remarks after Stendori made his. He pretty much said I didn't know what I was talking about.

I'm not the kind who will sit back and let someone else make wrong/false statements and not say anything.

Wayout,

What did you find wrong?

Should your belt be spinning or not?

I'm getting accused of spouting out wrong info.

Reno82,

I made that remark because of another disagreement Stendori and I had.</end quote></div>

every thing you said makes perfectly good sense to me,the way you explained it and all..apparently some of these quads need to be fine tuned a little bit to make them better in the clutch department,face it guys, these quads when they leave the factory some are right and some are not,from what i understand now they are suppose to work just like you said,if your secondary clutch turns and you try to put it in gear it's like putting a screw driver in a bicycle wheel when it's turning,of course it's going to be hard to get in gear not to mention the dreaded creeping, i am sure polaris didn't design it to work that way,some i'm sure left the factory that way,just like mime did,i just wanted to know the facts from somebody that knew what they was talking about,to many times on this forum i have ask questions and if i got an answer,the response was very ify,if you know what i mean. they seem to be alot of kids on here,and some like the adults just don't know what they are talking about,although some really try to help just like stendori,he's always trying to help with the experince he has had,he's been right on alot of stuff,MAYBE off on this one a little bit,no offence intended,we all should try to state facts not just here say,if you don't know don't say any thing,because some people take what we say as the gospel,i to try to state facts not fiction,enough said,thanks everybody for all the help.wayout,out..............

Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

RICKCJ7, way to make friends there buddy..i always thought you were trolling for trouble,thanks for pointing that out to me .. WE ALL ought to just send all of our questions to dickcj7 pm box so we MAKE sure we get the correct answers,and not even think that OUR WELL RESPECTED members might have enough FIELD tested wisdom to help .. good thing for us that you are a master tech and know it all..

savage out!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default belt turning

I love a good pissin' match. Take 75% of all you read for seed then throw out what doesn't work for you. Stendori has always been a good read for me, he will generally give an I don't know or that's a guess if he's not sure. Good man. With that said isn't there more than 1 way to skin a cat. Relax boys it's not the sunday Gospel here. Thank you all for your support, Doc

Quick Reply: belt turning