Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hawkeye Nighmare

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

I have a 2006 Hawkeye that hasn't run properly ever! Polaris and the delaer have left me in the cold. Was hoping to get some help here. Original problem was when the bike hit 15-20mph it bogged down and would spit and sputter with no power for climbing hills. Now it won't even start. I have spark and fuel flow. Any Ideas? Please keep in mind this is practically a brand new unit with only 137 total miles on it.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Range Rover
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

have you done the rejetting or air box mod

Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Range Rover
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

how about valve adjustment

Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

I have not.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Range Rover
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

serch this forum for rejetting sizes the 06 was not jetted correctly from the factory .where do you ride is it high altitude

Old 03-16-2008, 08:46 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

I can't believe the dealer hassles with the Hawkeye. I bought mine from the dealer and they had made the changes before puchase. Runs great, not a problem with this machine, and I work the butt off it with the tracks.

PS. In no way make any mods or upgrades until you have it running right. Take it to someone that knows atv's and bring it up to fac. specs.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

never had the problems with mine either my dealer did the same for me,just had that steering recall and thats it. got about 500 miles now been a great ride.

Trending Topics

Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

Dealer had it in several times and claimed to make adjustments to carb. but it still continued to run poorly. Last time it was driven my son was driving it up a hill and it actually shut-down and he rolled it on the hill. Now the dealer tell me the the warranty is void because of the accident. Polaris will not respond to several letters. Anyway, do you folks think that the jetting issue would cause it not to start? I mean this sucker is just turning and turning but will not start. Everytime I check for spark, I have spark. I there something other than the jetting that is inherient to the Hawkeye line that I should be looking for?

Old 03-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kowallarry

I have a 2006 Hawkeye that hasn't run properly ever! Polaris and the delaer have left me in the cold. Was hoping to get some help here. Original problem was when the bike hit 15-20mph it bogged down and would spit and sputter with no power for climbing hills. Now it won't even start. I have spark and fuel flow. Any Ideas? Please keep in mind this is practically a brand new unit with only 137 total miles on it.</end quote></div>

Another Dealer may set you up RIGHT!!!!........Did they do anything for you since you bought it?......Caper..........

Old 03-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hawkeye Nighmare

You just answered my Question.............We posted at the same time!!!....LOL....Caper.......

Quick Reply: Hawkeye Nighmare