Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Plow info for a 94 400L

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plow info for a 94 400L

Wondering if anyone had any info on what type of plow I should buy?

What parts will I need? (blade type/size,brackets,etc.)

Where should I buy it from?

Will I need winch? If so what type?

Old 03-27-2008, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

im guesing you are talking about a sportsman? and iv had good luck with the cycle county one of the strongest mounting brackets. if took everything i threw at it. it comes as a kit with bracket for your atv. i use my winch to rais and lower it. witch is a 2500 gorrilla waterproof series great winch for recovery and plowing. you can get them at http://www.cyclecountry.com/ they have alot of accesoris for them it depends on what you are plowing and how much snow. alot of snow might whan the sideboard things and if you are plowing on paving stones you might whant the plastic wear plate. they also just came out with a new mount system that clips on just drive over lean under pick up the frame with one had and clips on then just hook your winch up. idk how good the new clip system works but i am looking forward to getting it for next year.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

I have a 95 425 Magnum and run a Polaris/Cycle Country blade with a manual lift.

Like sprinter10 says, it is a pretty good set-up. I've had good luck with mine. I use it for plowing the lane to the farm and maintaining it by spreading gravel and such. I was surprised just how well it works spreading gravel and smoothing the road.

Pushing snow is no problem. Does a great job. As for a winch I use the hand lift and it is easy enough to use. I like the hand lift because plowing a gravel drive I can get a better "feel" with the hand lift and just skim across the surface.

To put a snow plow on you will need the mount which attaches to your ATV permanently. You will then need the push tube and the plow. The push tubes attach to the plow and are what you use to connect it to the ATV mounting plate. Head over to the cycle country site and they have the manuals for their plows which explain all the parts and how they attach and go together.

The only minor gripe I have is that to hook up the plow you have to get down on the ground and carefully line up the pins for the push tube and mounting plate. That can be a problem sometimes if you're not lined up with the plow just right. Plus when you're doing this you're laying on a cold, wet and muddy garage floor. If you place the pins correctly you can usually remove it by just kneeling and reaching under the machine which is nice.

Also as sprinter10 mentioned they have a new quick connect system for the blade. I haven't heard anything about it yet but I'm going to buy it for next plowing season and try it out.

I'll just add that the plow I have is a Polaris branded one that was sold with the ATV and has been used heavily since 95. Other than a bit of rust and some torn up skid shoes it is in fine shape. Seems to be a very durable piece. Sandblast it, paint it and replace the skid shoes and it would still look like new.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

To put a snow plow on you will need the mount which attaches to your ATV permanently. You will then need the push tube and the plow. The push tubes attach to the plow and are what you use to connect it to the ATV mounting plate. Head over to the cycle country site and they have the manuals for their plows which explain all the parts and how they attach and go together.

.</end quote></div>

i wouldn't leave the mount on durring teh summer i wouldn't even go riding with it i do when i am lazxy but i always take mine off for teh summer. mine us 3 u bolts with nuts.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think my mount has ever been off the machine.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

if you do alot of rock and going over fallen trees you can bend those tabs. and for the size i put the smallest one possible on mine because it is a 2/4 and i didn't whant to push more than i could grip.