Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Found out a sp800 will float

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found out a sp800 will float

Just a question. How much air pressure did you have in the tires? I carry an air compressor with me for such things.I found out that if i increase front tire pressure it will keep front end up better.Actually went through water that was 5 foot deep to cross a creek.It was bobbing like a fishing bobber.Front end stayed up above the snorkle,and the back wheels would hit bottom every so often to push forward.I don't want to do it again and i sure wish i had pics

Old 05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

I just had the normal 5 psi in. But they wer 27" mudlites, fronts 10" wide. That sounds like a good idea to pump up the fronts a bit.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I alway figured a quad would float good upside down and be stable. The tires would be the only thing keeping it off the bottom of a lake. I hope I never find out.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jokout

Oil, to a lot of us the whole kick of ATVs is the fact that we can do some crazy things on them and it is OK!

In the real world we have to go to work on time and make a living so we can take care of the wife, kids, dog, house, cars, truck and all the other responsibilities that go along with being a grown up!

On the quad, once in a while all of that fades away and we get the opportunity to get a little crazy...some much more then others! LOL!

We all have our own definition of "crazy"!</end quote></div>

Oh, how true. Well written!

Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: looking

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jokout

Oil, to a lot of us the whole kick of ATVs is the fact that we can do some crazy things on them and it is OK!

In the real world we have to go to work on time and make a living so we can take care of the wife, kids, dog, house, cars, truck and all the other responsibilities that go along with being a grown up!

On the quad, once in a while all of that fades away and we get the opportunity to get a little crazy...some much more then others! LOL!

We all have our own definition of "crazy"!</end quote></div>

Oh, how true. Well written!</end quote></div>

I always looked at this way. My quad costs less than my truck, and if I wreck it, I can still drive home, and go to work on Monday.

I've had it in enough water to cover the low-beams but that's it. I never put it in a lake.

I found out quads climb trees too! I put mine in 4-Low and blipped the throttle a couple times and it climbed right up until the back end framed out against the tree. It was standing straight up and I was rolling around on the ground LOL. My buddy saw me laying there and laughed his a** off too.