having trouble with dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having trouble with dealer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: OIown12

Take it back and tell them that THEY owe YOU $6300.</end quote></div>

I like this idea the best! If they will not go for that. I believe you have a slam dunk in court. All the odds are in you favor. This was a mistake that they made. I have worked in retail for a long time. I managed a mattress store for a very large company out west. A $6300 or higher invoice is very common in the mattress business. I have made this kind of error before and didn't even think about calling the customer at all!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Just think how you would feel if you made a $400 mistake!
Wouldn't you want an honest person to make it right?

Old 05-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

You have a contract, done deal.
Just because someone sues you, doesn't mean they have a case or will win.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so they are only asking for the $400 and have stopped bothering you about it? why go to court? be happy they messed up and keep riding. If the dealership was smart they would take you to court and say that you need to return the atv becasue they made a mistake. and the papers you signed would eb the proof that they indeed deliver the wrong atv to you if the VIN is different and then actions would be taken to straighten it.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

nonono. I bought the thing back in sept. they hastled me until xmas to pay. now here it is may and Im getting a summons.

I am a honest person so i told them to fax me the document that I SIGNED that says i owe them 400 bux. "well our dealer forgot to do that" pfffffff!!!!!!

i never tricked the dude. I specifically told him that i couldnt go over 6300. when i got to the dealership he had the paperwork all drawn up for 6300. I thought he was cutting me a break. guess not.

i signed the papers and left. hell, he even helped me load the damn thing up!!!!

o well its his mistake, and im not paying for it. he was trying to sell it top dollar, and im trying to get it for ascheap as i can. thats the way it works.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Badazz, be sure to let us know how it all turns out will ya.....

Old 05-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was their mistake itll probably get dismissed in court. Im taking a law course here in college and we go over all kinds of crap along these lines

Old 05-01-2008, 03:30 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

My dealer messed up for that amt by not figuring out the correct taxes. His mistake and he took it like a man. Still take it in for work and no sneaky crap by him. He has my respect and future business.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

hey man you have it in black and white... i did the same thing when i bought my 4x4, went to the dealer and said i have X amount of dollars are we going to make a deal or not.. sounds like you did the same thing.. good for you and dont let them lead you around like a pull toy..
oh yeah you owe me 200 for reading your thread... j/k [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Rickcj7 the man told him from the get go 6300 what don't you understand about that? He has know remorse for the dealers mistake.(and you shouldn't) You don't sign a contract then later say i made a mistake you owe me more money.That right there is bad business.Take your mistake and eat it.Unless your still under your mommas wing and want to cry.Think about it.

Quick Reply: having trouble with dealer