Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

having trouble with dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having trouble with dealer

hey guys,

So i bought an 07 sportsman 500 efi from a pollaris dealer (harley davidson of seaford)

I sign all the papers, shake the dealers hand, owners hand, load the quad up and go home.

I happen to look at my voice mail that evening and I see a message from the dealer.

He says I owe him 400 bucks because he did not charge me for camo. We talked on the phone before anything was signed and I told him I couldnt go over 6300 bucks. I told him I like the camo, but if they couldnt meet my price range id go with the green fenders.

So I get to the dealership and he had all the paper work drawn up for 6300 bucks for a camo 500 efi. I signed my life away and went home

In all the paperwork there is nothing that says I owe him 400 bucks or says that I agreed to pay him 400 bucks.

The bottom line is I never agreed to pay him that ammount! Its not on paper! If I known this I wouldve picked a different color.

Just checked the mail and I got a court summons.

What would you all do? what options do i have? should I fight this?

thanx all

Old 05-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

I'd fight them. Sounds like he either agree to the camo at p.o.s. or new he was gonna do this after you left.
ONLY what about service and warranty? any body else to do that stuff? You win the 400.00 on the camo and they WILL stiff you on any thing in the future maint. or warr. needs.. J M O Good luck

Old 05-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Well, if it were me, I'd go to court. You have all the paperwork that shows the VIN# of the quad you bought, and if it matches the the quad, then the dealership screwed up, not you. It's not your responsibility to control their inventory. Check the BBB and see if they have any other complaints against them. If they do, bring it all to court.

Not sure if how the small claims courts work there, but if you can file a counter suit over lost wages for time off work I'd hit them up with that too.

And you may want to find another dealer in case you need warranty work. Something tells me that you wouldn't be getting the best service available.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Damn right fight it. If you have the paperwork that shows the selling price as $6300 plus tax & registration, & no extra price for camo, the crooked dealer can go get f'd. He goofed, not you.

A lawyer to represent you would be a good idea, but probably not necessary. A level headed judge would look at the paperwork & throw out the case on the basis of, no grounds.

I personally would get a lawyer, & have him see to it that this ******** dealer pays all court fees AND, YOUR lawyer fees too.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

Personally I'd take the bike back and cancel all deals with them.If that can be done.I woundn't even consider any other bike they have.If you already signed the paperwork that they wrote up the deal should be done.If they made the mistake that is there mistake not yours.But I wouldn't want the bike now anyways because your looking at a long term hassle.How long do you think it would take you to get a simple part now.And god forbid if you ever had to take it to them for any kind of service.Also if something goes wrong do you think they would honor a warranty.If you can take it back,take a jar of vasoline with you so they know exactly where they can stick it. Just my opinion.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

thats just it! i bought the damn thing back in sept.!!

they haggaled and hastled me until the new year. then i heard nothing. i figured they new they were wrong so they just gave up.

now, here it is may, i get a court summons. hell with it ill take it to court.

thanx guys. i was a little worried, but you all make me feel better about this. as far as maintence, i would never let them idiots that work thr work on my stuff, and i usually get all my parts from snowspolaris.

hell withm!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

obtw,

the old lady did file a report with the bbb and someone else too. i forget who.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Heck, it probably wouldn't hurt to send a note to Harley Davidson. Pretty sure they don't want to see the name Harley Davidson on any complaints with the BBB. Even if the deal was for a Polaris.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

I am not a lawyer, but sounds like there is NO case what so ever. You have the pink slip with the VIN and the sale price + both signatures. DONE! This is just me but I would think that if you showed up at cort with the pink slip, this is over in 5 minutes. I would also take the proof of payment, i.e. cancled check or loan paper work to show that he already has the money (indicated on the pink [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ). You should be free and clear.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Take it back and tell them that THEY owe YOU $6300.

Quick Reply: having trouble with dealer