Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

lost on axle

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost on axle

u need a BIG PIPE RENCH AND A LONG TUBE AND TO LEAVE THE TIRES ON IT AND PUT THE BRAKES ON AND THAN HAVE SUM ONE SET ON IT AND THAN PUT ALL UR WEIGHT INTO IT AND IT SHOULD LET GO THATS WHAT I DID AND MINE CAME FREE

Old 06-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Range Rover
Default lost on axle

ok why cant i find anything for a 06 scrambler everthing i find goes up to 04. runner i already have everthing off the axle its what left of the bearing that still stuck on the axle. i'll try the crowbar thing . if that doesnt work i'll just the axle in half[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Default lost on axle

i took some more pics of my axle sorry they are bad i took them with my phone. you can see whats left of the bearings and the part that is stuck

Old 06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Range Rover
Default lost on axle

For some reason, I don't see your camera icon anymore to view your pics. I hope you can get it off without having to cut anything.
And, as for that axle nut,,, I can guarantee you that I'll not be using red loctite when I put it back on!!!!!!! If it's that hard to remove, I can't imagine how it could back off with the locking sleeve installed???? At most, I'll use some blue loctite and call it a day. My local dealer doesn't carry the nut so now I have to wait a week to get my dad's bike back together.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Range Rover
Default lost on axle

Can you get it pulled out far enough to use a dremel and a small cutting wheel to cut the inner race off? That's what I used to cut the bearing and it only took about 5 minutes. I'd at least try to cut as far back into it as possible, then try sliding it out with the pry bars and cut some more.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Range Rover
Default lost on axle

i can get alittle bit of it out. my pic icon is back, i'm going play with it this weekend maybe i'll get lucky and it will pop of.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Default lost on axle

try a cold chizel....btw ur rear end had to have been gone for a while to do that to ur bearings? may i as what the hell u did to seas them on like that

Old 06-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Range Rover
Default lost on axle

i have no idea on how i did that, but i know when they went. my chain would not stay on. i thought it just needed to be tightend so we stop fixed the chain a went on , it did good for awhile and then i could'nt keep the chain, that when i noticed that the axle was not riding strait.and of course we were as far from the trucks as we could be , and had to get pulled in, so it rode like that for about a hour or more..........fun times[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Default lost on axle

wow i noticed mine when when i was on mi way to atv runs at a local town fair and i also was about probley a god 60 miles from home.....had a friend come get mi wheeler and had mi moms and it took me a good 6hr of riding to just get hers home and than had to wait for mi friend to come back wit mine i was lucky enough to catch them b4 the seaizd to mi axle but i had to buy new bearins and a axle housing tho and than it was good and iv only had to repace the bearins one more time cause i didnt have enough greas in ther but they hang gone on me senc and tha was bout 3 years ago nock on wood goood luck

Old 06-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Range Rover
Default lost on axle

http://www.youtube.com/scotty2hotty1211 here is some pics of me and a friend doing some wheeling in TN

Quick Reply: lost on axle