Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Who Would Win?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who Would Win?

It looks something like a seal but with legs. It drives me nuts whatever it is. I read about something that it reminds me of in a science fiction story but I can't remember exactly what it was. It was something really bizzare, like a single-cell animal with a see-through body that weighed a few tons.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Moto Psycho
Default Who Would Win?

I can't believe I figured out what it was I read about. It's a Frumious Bandersnatch. The plural is Bandersnatchi. It's one strange animal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B...atch_%28Known_Space%29

Bandersnatchi
Intelligent, huge white slugs native to Jinx. A covenant exists between the Bandersnatchi and would-be hunters that allows them to win about 40% of "duels".
They are as big as a dinosaur, completely white and smooth, shaped like a caterpillar reaching for a leaf. It has a mouth at the front of a belly foot. It is a single-celled organism with a long, thick chromosome. It has six hearts, each of which weighs 11 pounds.

No legs. So thats not what the avatar is.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Would Win?

It reproduces by budding so don't stand to close to it. And where is Jinx? thats where they come from. It handicapped too.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Moto Psycho
Default Who Would Win?

Handicapped with a capital H. No arms.

Jinx is in the Sirius A system. Sirius is the Dog Star, the brightest star in the sky. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinx_%28Known_Space%29