Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new sportsman...???...!!!

13 days

Old 07-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

If they up the cc on the Sportsman 800, I hope they figure out a way to add another gallon to the fuel tank. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

While most of this is nothing new, maybe a summary to date is in order...
Although at this point everything is pretty much speculation since those who know are locked down pretty tight by Polaris and the rest are just making it up as they go, but here is a summary of the things we THINK we know...
From all the info on the different forums I have been following, those who should know have been hinting towards an all new sport/ute to go up against the Renegade, with a new 850 motor, and A-arms all around. This is starting to sound like one killer ride and has everyone in the know very excited!
There has also been some talk of a new 550 to be offered in this bike but this sounds more like speculation then fact at this point
The new 850 sounds like it will also go in the top of the line Sportsman and RZR and will have some pretty impressive numbers!
The Sportsman line would also get the new 550 if it is actually produced and it is my guess that it would replace the 500EFI
It is starting to sound like we will be seeing a plastic redesign for the Sportsman line, and although I have no concrete info on this I still get the feeling that the Hawkeye design will be stretched to the bigger sized Sportsman...maybe just wishful thinking! LOL!
Some are saying that the Ranger and the RZR will also see a redesign but as stated previously, it would almost seem like a bit too much for Polaris to chew in one model year and the RZR is still a pretty fresh design. Although we have to keep in mind that the SxS segment is the fastest growing line in the ATV market right now and a big part of Polaris profit/market share growth! Other manufacturers are bringing new product so Polaris may feel the pressured to stay up to date!
Another point no one has brought up is the slow economy...If you read some of the press releases from Polaris management they make regular note of the "soft" ATV market and their aggressive plan to bring "new and innovative" product to dealer's showrooms to increase sales and market share.

In any case, we will know in 13 days!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

One thing I did notice they did get there current motors certified on the CARB for 2009. Whatever new motors that they do or don't have are not posted as being emmisions certified for California yet. Based on that and what I have been reading around the net, I am betting there is couple new models in the quad lineup likely with new motors, and the regular Ranger will be the one getting an update this year, and not the RZR at least not a anything major.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

That would make more sense since the Ranger hasn't had any major changes in a while

Old 07-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

thought id bump it up also

Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cc1999

One thing I did notice they did get there current motors certified on the CARB for 2009. Whatever new motors that they do or don't have are not posted as being emmisions certified for California yet. </end quote></div>

I'm trying to think back but didn't the new 951 Thundercat motor show up on CARB after they released information about it? It seems like it took forever for it to be posted on CARB and we knew about the ATV well before it showed up for certification.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:49 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: OIown12

I fully believe that we'll be seeing a Scrammy 800!</end quote></div>
that my friend would be kick @## and if they do abunch of different things to there bikes then im gonna need a bigger trailer(i aint trading in my old bike)and i WILL buy all of them !

Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cc1999

One thing I did notice they did get there current motors certified on the CARB for 2009. Whatever new motors that they do or don't have are not posted as being emmisions certified for California yet. </end quote></div>

I'm trying to think back but didn't the new 951 Thundercat motor show up on CARB after they released information about it? It seems like it took forever for it to be posted on CARB and we knew about the ATV well before it showed up for certification.</end quote></div>

Yes, the Tcat didn't hit CARB till late in the year well after there cary over models were posted, it was shortly befor the Tcats went on sale that its certificate was issued. CARB is not the most acurate source in the world, for example there is no mention of the Polaris Sportsman 800 HO, all 800 show the same rating from 05-09, so the only mention of the improved power on the current sprootsman 800 is coming from Polaris. Turns out a buddy did some digging into the parts break downs and tells me that the only 800s that have the HO designation, is the regular single seat sportsmans. The RZR the X2, and the Ts did not have the HO version of the 800 (760cc) motor.

Quick Reply: new sportsman...???...!!!