Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My balls are dirty

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My ***** are dirty

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: OIown12

I put a thin coat of petroleum jelly on my *****. It keeps everything lubed up and prevents rusty ball syndrome (RBS). The drawback is that it tends to drip in the summertime if you overapply and can get on your clothes and garage floor. I have also tried a thin coat of polaris grease. That works pretty well also.

Don't forget about the other friction surface. Make sure the tongue is also lubed so things slide easier.</end quote></div>

I use high-temperature, high-pressure, Molybdenum Disulfide grease on my ball. It's leftover from changing AR-15 rifle barrels. I took it out of the grease-gun tube and keep it in a small butter bowl with a lid on to keep the dirt out. Even if all the grease drys up the Moly particles still work as a dry lube.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I'm not towing, I take my hitch out and put it undr my seat. No rust, no stolen hitch, no sore shins

Old 06-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I leave ours in the the receiver 24/7. Hadn't even gotten the first oil change done on our new truck when it got rear ended. Totaled the truck that hit it. Couldn't find a scratch on ours. Insurance people were easy to deal with, so we didn't push anything. They did write a check for the wife, she was sore from the seat belt.

2 weeks later, another car rear ends it at a stop light. Again no scratches, and the wife said the other car was a pos. Guy didn't want to give any information, but coughed it up when the police were mentioned. His insurance company was a group of a-holes. Being a a-hole is second nature to me, so I made them buy me a completely new weight distribution hitch system. The insurance company wrote two checks that totaled 963 bucks.

If they would have dealt with me directly, and not made me go through a body shop, the exact same system would have been under 500 bucks.

So I'll always keep the old hitch in there when we're not towing.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

From the land of rust:

Take a tennis ball and cut a hole in it to fit your trailer ball, fill it full of grease and just put it on whenever the trailer is not attached.

Not pretty, but effective.

And I'm sure you can find a $200.00 option out there too... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

I use high-temperature, high-pressure, Molybdenum Disulfide grease on my ball. It's leftover from changing AR-15 rifle barrels. I took it out of the grease-gun tube and keep it in a small butter bowl with a lid on to keep the dirt out. Even if all the grease drys up the Moly particles still work as a dry lube.</end quote></div>

DRY LUBE..... BRILLIANT!!!! we could put them in a box with a handel on it and call it a 6-pack... BRILLIANT!!!
that way there it takes all the guess work out of it.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KMKjr

From the land of rust:

Take a tennis ball and cut a hole in it to fit your trailer ball, fill it full of grease and just put it on whenever the trailer is not attached.

And I'm sure you can find a $200.00 option out there too... [img][/img]</end quote></div>

You MUST be from Nova Scotia with that Icon........I am from Sydney,Nova Scotia.........now in Ontario.........Caper.....

Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KMKjr

From the land of rust:

And I'm sure you can find a $200.00 option out there too... [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

You MUST be from Nova Scotia with that Icon........I am from Sydney,Nova Scotia.........now in Ontario.........Caper.....</end quote></div>

Don't drink the ****, but lets people know where I'm from!!