Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mt. Washington ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mt. Washington ride

Who is going to the Mt. Washington ride at the end of July? My Bro-in-law and I are going to try and go.

Of course both riding Polaris.

Maybe we'll see ya there.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I was going to go up with my son and a couple of my buddies, but forgot I had a week on a lake booked on that weekend. Maybe next year. Do they do it the last Saturday of July every year?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm, I want to go but I cannot seem to find any info on this ride. I did see on the Mount Washington Auto Road site that if you plan on carring a passenger you must have an ATV designed for two-up and that the add on seats are not allowed. Also you must have a Vermont of New Hampshire ATV registration. Being from Maine I will have to get one for this ride.

Anybody else have any info on this years ride?

Old 07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer

i saw it on the nhatv web site its for the nhatv club i was thicking of going with the wife not sure if we are going because of the gas prices to get there and its a 3 1/2 ride to get there

Old 07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya we saw that last yr when we took our bikes (motorcycles) up summer and it cost as car and only happens once a year and need a certain number of bikes to make it happen. your right about the 2 up riders as well. just not worth the gas to haul way over there to do it although it would be cool for sure.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I think you have to be a legally licensed driver for your state. IE 16 or over to drive a quad. It is on the 27th if I remember right. At least that's when my club was going to ride. If going up I highly recommend packing winter wear. A lot of people have died in freak weather up on top.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we went up last yr about this time frame and its about 20 degrees cooler for sure but we were lucky and had clear skies and awesom veiws. point in hand; we went up w/ 4 bikes and 2 of the guys were scared of heights and had a really hard time of part of the climb and descent so be aware if your really afraid of heights and your not in the safety feel of a car and you have an open cockpit(with a wheeler or bike) it might be a very hard trip. just a freindly point.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Good point stendori - I am fine with heights but the wife isn't. I should probably plan on taking my boy instead of the wife.

I'm less then an hour from the base - so I'll likely go

Old 07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Range Rover

I remember the day I went up on a Honda motorcycle back in the 1980's...(Yeah, I'm old...) It was 95 degrees at the base and 51 degrees at the top with zero visability from fog and a 50 MPH wind. I had a full fairing on the bike and was scared Shi$%@##ss by the time were were back at the bottom. Havent been back since but have a question. Is it paved all the way up now? Back then, halfway up turned into a gravel path and being on a motorcycle, it spelled disaster with the wind....I shiver just remembering my fears......and my drawers still have a brown stain......;-)

Old 07-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

That's a good question. I don't know. I haven't been up since I hiked up the West side and came down the Auto Road. I can't even remember what the situation was then.

Quick Reply: Mt. Washington ride