Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

You might be a Polaris rider if........

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008 | 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default You might be a Polaris rider if........

Those Sportsmans have a lack of traction problem or something, I out pulled not 1, but 2 EBS non H.O. (older) sportsmans at an ATV pull. In fact I placed 1st in the 350-500 4x4 Under 1000# stock class. The other 2 took 2nd & 3rd, Is it IRS thing or, luck?
I had the only straight axle machine and there was just us 3 in that class.
I thought I would lose!

Old 12-19-2008 | 03:07 AM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KAWITAZ

1. If your Quad is being pulled 20 miles back to camp by a 220cc Japanese Quad.

2. If your 500 gets out pulled at the atv pulls, by a 360cc machine with 22hp.

3. If you think you IRS is awesome, until you put a Trailer on and watch your rearend sag until it bottoms out.</end quote></div>

... says the guy with the kiddy quad that had the wheels rusted on.

Old 12-19-2008 | 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Independent rear suspension on anything will generally out pull a straight axle byh 75- 120% No brand bais in that statement, just study proven fact. IRS atvs (based on stock) will out pull in sled pulls and dead wieght pulls. Back to back pulling is 75% rider. KNow how is everything. Setup is everything. I can take an atv and change tire preasure and spring rate and lose or gain 50-60% of distance on a sled or shave as much as 1-3 seconds off a timed pull. The only thing out there (stock) that will compete in a sled pull with polaris is Can am. A sportsman 450 in one test I saw in person out pulled every other brand but a larger cc polaris and the 800 outlander. NOTHING has yet to out pull the 800 sportsman X2. The new 850 barely out pulls the 800 sportsman. The can am is very close to the 800. Those 2 machines would vary based on the platform (dirt) type you are pulling on. Again, all on stock studies with no add ons. Springs were also left at factory settings. The same sled, same rider and with different riders all riding each major brand machine. (7 major brands, you all know them) Not every model was tested of every brand, just the ones that you would or could use for work. No scramblers or wolverines or anything. The test was performed by polaris testers, but done in a very fair way. Each machine was tested on several occasions to confirm accuracy. These guys were trying to beat themselves. That is there job. If they get beat, then they go back to the drawing board. They don't like to get beat in the work horse platform, and neither do I. You might be a polaris rider if you go find things to pull just to get the picture to show off and listen and see the expression of dis-belief.

Old 12-19-2008 | 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ncriderforks

Independent rear suspension on anything will generally out pull a straight axle byh 75- 120% No brand bais in that statement, just study proven fact. IRS atvs (based on stock) will out pull in sled pulls and dead wieght pulls. Back to back pulling is 75% rider. KNow how is everything. Setup is everything. I can take an atv and change tire preasure and spring rate and lose or gain 50-60% of distance on a sled or shave as much as 1-3 seconds off a timed pull. The only thing out there (stock) that will compete in a sled pull with polaris is Can am. A sportsman 450 in one test I saw in person out pulled every other brand but a larger cc polaris and the 800 outlander. NOTHING has yet to out pull the 800 sportsman X2. The new 850 barely out pulls the 800 sportsman. The can am is very close to the 800. Those 2 machines would vary based on the platform (dirt) type you are pulling on. Again, all on stock studies with no add ons. Springs were also left at factory settings. The same sled, same rider and with different riders all riding each major brand machine. (7 major brands, you all know them) Not every model was tested of every brand, just the ones that you would or could use for work. No scramblers or wolverines or anything. The test was performed by polaris testers, but done in a very fair way. Each machine was tested on several occasions to confirm accuracy. These guys were trying to beat themselves. That is there job. If they get beat, then they go back to the drawing board. They don't like to get beat in the work horse platform, and neither do I. You might be a polaris rider if you go find things to pull just to get the picture to show off and listen and see the expression of dis-belief.</end quote></div>

Well said!

Old 12-21-2008 | 04:04 AM
Moto Psycho

You might be a Polaris rider if...

... your wheels are off-camber. /--\

... your $8,000 ATV is in a garage and your $40,000 car is outside.

... you can plow a glacier.

Old 12-21-2008 | 08:03 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KAWITAZ

Those Sportsmans have a lack of traction problem or something, I out pulled not 1, but 2 EBS non H.O. (older) sportsmans at an ATV pull. In fact I placed 1st in the 350-500 4x4 Under 1000# stock class. The other 2 took 2nd & 3rd, Is it IRS thing or, luck?

I had the only straight axle machine and there was just us 3 in that class.

I thought I would lose!</end quote></div>

IS there a reason you have to come in here???And anyway doesn't that tell you something???Incase you failed to notice or you just didn't want to is that the non H.O 500 engines aren't made anymore hmm I wonder why...BECAUSE those motors stunk!!!They were underpowered and a big failure until the H.O came out your little kawis will be out pulled by a H.O in low range.Be a good little guy and go fix your bayou and prairie OK Have a nice day...

Old 12-21-2008 | 08:05 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

You might be a polaris owner if a kawasaki guy comes in here and tries to start something...

Old 12-21-2008 | 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

lol you might be a polaris rider if all your friends laugh at how unreliable your quad is, but 2 years later your still riding yours and they have nothing because theirs broke down.

happened to me! =]

Old 12-21-2008 | 06:48 PM
Range Rover

You just walk around with a big grin on your face.

Old 12-21-2008 | 08:31 PM
Moto Psycho

... if your friends are too sore to ride the next day, and you're ready to go again.

... you go through every mud hole that they go around.

... you can't get them to ride with you in the snow.

Quick Reply: You might be a Polaris rider if........