Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

show me your trailer..

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default show me your trailer..

Hey guys I'm lloking to get a nice sturdy tow behind utility trailer for my quad...Not the kind you transport your wheeler around but the kind that you pull behind the quad..Thanks.

John

Old 08-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you looking for steel or plastic? One that dumps or not? Single or tandem axle? Or no friggin' idea yet? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't have one but I think the plastic is better for most uses since it never corrodes.

P.S. If you Google ATV CART instead of ATV TRAILER it will show less of the kind you haul the ATV on and more of what you want.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

All the ones I've seen seem to be flimsy thin metal.....I know the thicker the metal the more it will weigh but I've yet to find a strong sturdy trailer...Not sure plastic or metal....I guess it depends on how thick the plastic is....Might have to build one to meet my specs....

John

Old 08-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Range Rover

I got one of those trailers from northern tool. It is 4x6 and holds like 1200 lbs. It has a ball type hook up and 13 inch wheels. It does all the yard work I need it to do. I believe it was like 250.00. It didnt come with sides but they are easy enough to make.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

This is the one I bought in central Vermont. Doesn't have suspension but doesn't really need it. The tires do a good job of absorbing the bumps. It is 4x4 on top and has a deep bed in the middle that is about 2' wide and 4' long. Total volume is about is about 36-40 cubic feet. Nice big axle and bearings. Very heavy duty. Paid about $700 for it and haven't regretted it. I use it to pull large loads of firewood out of the woods in Vermont. I can fill my pickup truck in 2.5 loads with this trailer. Bush Buggy
It's pretty heavy duty metal and has a ball hitch. Plenty of spots to tie it down on the trailer we transport our quads on.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

I picked up one of these trailer works great won't rust very happy with it

http://www.rescraft.com/trailers.html

Old 08-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

i have the large rubber maid one holds 1000 lbs and it will also has the dump its made to tow behind your lawn mower but works on the atv too bought mine at agway store

Old 08-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Spdecat,

I like that ATV trailer, I like how you can get a ski kit, lights etc. Is it a top heavy end so if
you unhitch it, would swing backward to assis with unloading or is there a release like JF's trailer?

Regards,

R'

Old 08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Outof$

I got one of those trailers from northern tool. It is 4x6 and holds like 1200 lbs. It has a ball type hook up and 13 inch wheels. It does all the yard work I need it to do. I believe it was like 250.00. It didnt come with sides but they are easy enough to make.</end quote></div>

i dleivered one of those a couple of weeks ago and man they seem heavy lol.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

Spdecat,

I like that ATV trailer, I like how you can get a ski kit, lights etc. Is it a top heavy end so if

you unhitch it, would swing backward to assis with unloading or is there a release like JF's trailer?

Regards,

R'</end quote></div>

The trailer dumps and has a plug to drain out any water that might get in , its also easy to tow and move around by hand . I had it full with firewood and un-hooked it and moved the trailer around . Check out the size its holds alot .

Quick Reply: show me your trailer..