Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Is this common for an new 800

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Is this common for an new 800

the real thing that might help is ceramic coating the pipe which some have done. it does help so i hear.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Ceramic coating does help...but I can tell you first hand the difference isn't as nearly as noticable as the wrap. But it sure does look nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Range Rover

My leg gets burnt too. Worst is going through a puddle and the water hits the exhaust and splashes on your leg. No more shorts for me!!! Learned the hard way.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

The Ceramic coating does help...but I can tell you first hand the difference isn't as nearly as noticable as the wrap. But it sure does look nice [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I must try the heat tape.... going to look online right now to find some!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:09 AM
Range Rover

For anyone interested i got price quote from Jet Hot.

JET-HOT is the number one supplier of ceramic coated headers in the world. We invented this coating and have over 20 years of experience in the science of engine exhaust technologies. We also want to let you know that we just sent you, by priority mail, information that should help you make your decision. You should have this within a few days. This packet contains several independent technical articles, a JET-HOT 20 page brochure, and a video.

We'd charge $135.00 to coat your parts inside and outside in the 1300 Sterling finish. Add $60 for the matte black, semi gloss black, and grey. Add $60 for blue and red (only available in NC). We'll need them here for 5-7 days plus shipping time back. If the parts are chrome or nickel plated, add $50 to the total and 2 days for stripping. Return shipping with a new box and new packaging would be about $.34.00

Technical benefits for the 1300 Sterling are as follows: Looks great, reduces under-hood temperatures by 50 degrees Fahrenheit and more, keeps pipes about 300ºF cooler, gives you 1-3% extra horsepower, extends average header life by at least 10 times, and improves safety in an accident by reducing the probability of fire-balling. It is also very easy to keep clean. If you use one of the other 1300 colors, they perform as well, but are not as cleanable. As mentioned above we will send you our full information package to get you all the coating benefits in greater detail.

If you upgrade to the EXTREME STERLING you get a coating that will stay shiny 200ºF higher than Sterling, and take a maximum temperature of 1700ºF, though it does have an orange-peel texture compared to 1300 Sterling. It will also provide an estimated 100ºF more of insulation and carries a 5 year warranty. It is recommended for low boost turbo and supercharged vehicles, and lean running EFI cars. Cost is $50 more, and takes an extra 2-3 days to process.

Finally we offer JET-HOT 2000. It does not provide as much insulation as the 1300 Sterling, but this coating can take temperatures up to 2400 degrees. The 2000 only comes in a flat black, blue or grey finish and has a rough texture on the outside (like 150 grit sandpaper). The Jet Hot 2000 runs $100 more than the sterling silver finish. This coating takes 2 days longer than the sterling silver process. We suggest JET-HOT 2000 for set ups with large shots of nitrous, high boost turbo and superchargers, motorhomes and towing vehicles.

$ SAVE 10% $

We are automobile and engine enthusiasts and want to insure your complete
satisfaction. Please review all your options. If you inform us NOW that you
intend to work with us when you are ready, we will give you a 10% discount
from the quoted price. Call or reply to this email to lock in your discount.

All parts receive a 3 year unlimited guarantee that covers chipping, peeling, cracking, discoloration, rusting. New parts also get a lifetime rust-through warranty as well.

Please ship your parts to:

JET-HOT Coatings
5602 Orchard Rd
Pascagoula MS 39581
or
1840 West Drake Dr
Tempe AZ 85283
Or
2530 Milford Square Pike
Quakertown, PA 18951

Please note: JET-HOT 2000 is only done in the Pascagoula, MS location

If you want to ship your parts in to be processed please be sure to call in or reply to this email to get set up. As for billing, you can call in a credit card number or you can talk to one of our sales team representatives to set up a payment method. Please feel free to call or email with any other questions.

Points to consider in making your decision are:
. JET-HOT has an impeccable reputation, unequaled quality and a guarantee. A guarantee we stand behind.
. JET-HOT's parent company, Metallic Ceramic Coatings Inc ( Now solely owned by nCoat), engineered our coatings to the third generation which contains silver powders allowing your components to look better, last longer, and outperform all other coatings.

. JET-HOT uses expensive aluminum oxide to clean components. We don't
use sand like others.
. JET-HOT applies two exterior coatings and two interior coatings and not just one layer as everyone else does.
. JET-HOT has the most brilliant appearance of any coating, not just an ok or so-so look.
. JET-HOT will work with you to help you achieve your objectives and will gladly provide you with technical know how at no additional cost.
. JET-HOT has the most cost effective pricing and there are no hidden charges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We can coat almost anything you want including intake/exhaust manifolds, mufflers, exhaust piping, valve covers, oil pans, springs, motorcycle exhausts and a whole lot more!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our number is (800) 432-3379

YOUR FRIENDLY JET-HOT

TECHNICAL/SALES TEAM
Gus Gusler

Old 08-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtnhiker19

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

The Ceramic coating does help...but I can tell you first hand the difference isn't as nearly as noticable as the wrap. But it sure does look nice [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I must try the heat tape.... going to look online right now to find some!</end quote></div>

It's actually called header wrap,heat taape is different and won't work. Autozone or Advance sell it. You will the need metal ties as well,or you can also use safety wire, which is alot cheaper, to secure it.
Here is an example:
http://store.summitracing.com/...18557+115&autoview=sku

Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]Yep, the first time I wore shorts my 600 gave me a nice silver dollar size burn right there too, now if I wear shorts, I just wrap a moist cold towel with some duct tape around my lower right calf area. I'm diabetic so I dont need any more burns!!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a picture of the header wrap. I just wrapped the short section that is exposed. I then sprayed it with paint that is made specifically for waterproofing header wrap. Isn't exactly pretty but it works very well.

Name:  100_4589.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  93.9 KB

Old 08-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

whats the story with the pipes rusting? Someone on here said their pipes rusted cuz that wrap holds water.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Koerbs

whats the story with the pipes rusting? Someone on here said their pipes rusted cuz that wrap holds water.</end quote></div>

I guess that's what the waterproof paint is for.

Quick Reply: Is this common for an new 800