Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Move over ruby and sp. Kaw new king

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well now lets just see how many people have the 650,huh I think it's NONE!
Don't even try to compare a yet to be released atv to the Sportsman 500 HO that has proven itself to be the very best,I won't even mention the rubicon cause it aint worth mentioning!

Old 01-30-2001, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

Who knows it could be a dud,wouldnt be the first.I dont think I would jump to get in line to be the first to buy one, let someone else be the guinea pig, wait and read some reviews.I would still bet a dollar that the H.O. will smoke it in the deep mud.

Old 01-30-2001, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some damn bold statements about something NOBODY has owned or rode yet.Let the Kawi beast be out for awhile and prove itself,than start the bragging,
Bill

Old 01-30-2001, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

i think u guys should wait until the new machine comes out from polaris. then u might change your mind.

maybe Polcat2 could tell us when the new Flagship will be out.

i think the sp700 will do to the kawie650 just like the HO did to the ruby.

later
jon

Old 01-30-2001, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

LOL! think about, please! When has KAW. ever controlled ANY part of the atv market.???????(Mojave, Bayou, Prairie, Tecate...etc. (The Tecate was a great performing machine; although it didn't sell very well.) The 4x4 Units KAW. have produced in the past haven't sold well, either.ATV's are a small part of KAW's business. The new SP700 will be The ALL- New KING. (De-throning the current SP'S.) PS. The 700SP is an in-line twin....NOT a V-twin. I REPEAT: The 700SP is an IN-LINE TWIN. Ride-em hard Polcat

Old 01-30-2001, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

i'm an outsider here but this sounds like a damn good post to reply to. i've been looking at the kaw 650 and have yet to see a hitch. how can you do anything utility without a hitch. i know the rubicon and the sportsman both have a hitch. plus, the rack capacities are rather low for such a brute. if kawasaki planned to have the lightest, most powerful engined atv, they accomplished that with flying colors, but for utility purposes traction is more a function of weight rather than horsepower and torque at the flywheel. what do ya think will pull more weight--a 1500hp monster truck or a 350hp 4x4 articulated tractor?

eagle4x4 must think that honda and polaris are atv kings, otherwise, he would have never made this post touting the kaw as the new king.

personally, i think all atvs are good. kawasaki just stirred up a hive of bees and every other atv manufacturer is going to strive to beat them with their own big bore. history always repeats itself--a king will be made and then deposed.

just a thought,

texascat
2001 arctic cat 500 auto 4x4

Old 01-31-2001, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Personally, I did not buy my Sportsman for its ability to accelerate on a flat smooth surface. I bought it because of the comfortable ride, and ground clearance. I knew my 2000SP500 was not as fast as my Grizzly, but once you get onto rough trails, the SP500 will smoke the Grizzly. Even if the Kawasaki had twice the HP of the SP500, it would not change my mind if it handles, rides and jumps like a Prairie 400.

What interest me more than this solid rear axel Kawasaki is talk of the Grizzly 660R with IRS and liquid cooling. If Yamaha does manufacture this bike, it will be something to consider.

Greg

Old 01-31-2001, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

is the inline twin going to be better than the v twin. will the inline be lighter than the v twin thanks

Old 01-31-2001, 06:24 AM
Range Rover

Hey the Grizz weighs 100# less and has 100 more cc than the H.O. and the H.O. will smoke it in a drag race.Thats pretty damn good power for a 500.The Kaw 650 is really a 633cc so its really not got that many cc's on the grizz.Think about that.With out IRS its going to be another over powered atv stuck in the mud.The talk about a 650 Grizz with IRS really gets my attention

Old 01-31-2001, 07:33 AM
Pro Rider

About two wks ago I dropped into our local KAW dealer to find out about the 650. He said he is no longer carrying KAW and switched to Artic Cat. He did not give the KAW brand any praise what so ever . . . and he had 3 machines left on the floor. He advised me that if I was interested in the 650 wait for a couple of years until the bugs are worked out. I personally think the 650 is a neat machine, just the dealer did not think much of it.

ALSO ... I heard that all Presidents of Provincial (Canadian) ATV clubs are being given 650's to test. Don't know how much truth ... but my good friend was told this by a president of a club who is getting one.

Quick Reply: Move over ruby and sp. Kaw new king