Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front bumper interchange

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper interchange

Hello,

Trying to find out what other year/model front bumpers will fit a 1996 Trail Boss 250, or if someone has a TB250 front bumper to sell. I can't seem to find one for a reasonable price. I don't need a show piece, but also don't want something that's already been beat to within an inch of its life.

I'm not terribly familiar with Polaris, but it looks like I could get the early 90s Trailboss 350 front bumper to fit with a little creative drilling and adding the two upper brackets. These are a cooler looking bumper anyway. These must have been more common, too, because I'm finding lots of the TB350 bumpers out there.

I'm not set up for heavy fabrication where I'm at, so I'd prefer an interchange that would fit without serious tube bending, major welding, etc.

I fixed this TB for a guy, was supposed to deliver it to him on the weekend. My 6 y/o took the key while I was at work and ran it into a tree full speed, goofing around with his buddy.... He's OK and surprisingly so is the bike. Front bumper looks like it got hit by a train, though.

Thanks.

Email to motorfile@hotmail.com would be great, and no I don't want any Nigerian cashier's checks or exciting offers.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

6 year old fooling around with his buddy??? are you sure you don't mean 16 year old? if a 6 year old started it up ran into a tree, full speed or whatever,did you help him off the neighbors roof??? is he Ironman jr???

Old 10-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nope, SIX. He thinks he's Ironman. He usually rides a JR50, on which he can touch the ground AND reach both brakes.

That's the problem with electric start on the big ones - they can get 'em going before they have sense enough to handle them. Once he found the key (I had hidden - apparently not well enough), he was off.

And yes, we do supervise them. This whole deal went down in about a minute.